Problem in both Chromium and Pale Moon

• On Linux (Debian), I started developing a problem. Sometimes it would get very slow to a point of unusability. I would click on a different tab, and the title will change, but the actual tab won't change. And hovering over a link doesn't change the cursor or allow the link to be clicked. The only solution is to restart the browser.

So today I started using Pale Moon, which I had installed, but seldom used. But within a couple of hours, the same exact problem started happening.

This seems odd that the same problem would happen on two completely different browsers.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I left Pale Moon alone for a few minutes, and used Chromium in the interim. The problem with Pale Moon is not currently occurring. Now the problem is back.

• ♿ (Parody)

@jinpa What version are you using? If you're still on v79, there's a known bug. I can't find my posts now, but I had all sorts of problems with Chromium that were fixed in v80. The browser would lock up for several seconds at a time nearly continuously. Totally unusable.

• @boomzilla said in Problem in both Chromium and Pale Moon:

@jinpa What version are you using? If you're still on v79, there's a known bug. I can't find my posts now, but I had all sorts of problems with Chromium that were fixed in v80. The browser would lock up for several seconds at a time nearly continuously. Totally unusable.

I'm on 73. (Debian is conservative about updates.) I guess I should think about updating.

• ♿ (Parody)

@jinpa Oh. Well, 73 is definitely too early for that bug, which was introduced in 79.