Help me pick a phone!

• I currently have a Samsung SCH-R451C, but I just received a notification text message from Net10:

Net10: You need a new phone to keep on enjoying your service: my-nt.co/f360 STOP to End

My usage would be primarily just a little bit of calling, texting, and perhaps picture messaging.
    Any recommendations on which Net10 phone to get?
    Their website offers these options:

• Alcatel MyFlip (A405DL) - Reconditioned
    • Alcatel TCL LX (A502DL)
    • Blu View 1 (B100DL)
    • iPhone 6S Rose Gold 32GB
    • iPhone 6S Plus Space Grey 32GB
    • iPhone 7 Black 32GB
    • LG Fiesta 2 LTE (L163BL)
    • LG Rebel 4 (LML212VL) - Reconditioned
    • LG Rebel 4 (LML212VL)
    • Moto E5 (XT1920DL)
    • Moto E6 (XT2005DL)
    • Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit (S367VL)
    • Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown (S767VL)
    • Samsung Galaxy A10E (S102DL)

Or should I get something from StraightTalk or somewhere else instead?

Also, any idea when the drop-dead transition date might be? I can't find much on when everything must be VoLTE or whatever Net10 is requiring that's going to make my phone quit working.

• @djls45 I had the E5 Play. It was fairly nice, a little on the slow side. The E5 should be a bit faster. The E6 should be better still.

If I HAD to pick from these, I'd probably get one of those. (but I don't like where the fingerprint sensor is on the E5P... makes putting a popsocket/magnet/etc on the case a lot harder)

I upgraded to a Samsung A70 after my E5 Play broke. I like that way better. More than my old Sharp Aquos from way back when, for all the same reasons (and I really really liked that phone). The A10e looks just like my A70. You'd have to try it to see if you like it.

BLU supposedly makes nice hardware, but I don't know anything about that model.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@djls45 said in Help me pick a phone!:

iPhone 6S Rose Gold 32GB
    iPhone 6S Plus Space Grey 32GB
    iPhone 7 Black 32GB

Get the 6S if you don't care it's Rose Gold. Otherwise get the 7.

• I am very suspicious of Samsung, I've had an LG phone before (that I didn't really like), and Alcatel looks like it's probably cheap because it's cheap. And iPhones are way overpriced, IMO, so that leaves only BLU and Motorola.

The BLU looked pretty good, but I think the Motorola phones are better for not much more money, and I've had good experience with Motorola phones in the past, so I'm getting the E6.

My wife also needs a new phone. (She also got a message that said, "You need to upgrade.") She's on StraightTalk, but after looking at their offerings, I think I'm going to transfer her number to Net10 and get her an E6 as well.

• @djls45 said in Help me pick a phone!:

I've had good experience with Motorola phones in the past, so I'm getting the E6.

I have a Motorola G3. It's getting a bit old, and it doesn't really like having :D tabs open in Chrome, but I've been pretty happy with it.

• @HardwareGeek I got my dad a G5 Plus a little while ago and he's been happy with it.

• @HardwareGeek said in Help me pick a phone!:

it doesn't really like having :D tabs open in Chrome

I'm not sure how many (or what kind) that is, but I wouldn't have many tabs open anyways, so it shouldn't be a problem.

• @djls45 said in Help me pick a phone!:

I'm not sure how many (or what kind) that is,

That's what Chrome displays for the tab indicator when the number is >99.