Web game team wanted



  • We currently have a working (term used
    loosely), tick-based strategy game with a small player base but we
    wish to expand the game to make it more in depth and fun. The current
    game we have developed is a good template for what we want to do in
    the future with its team based gameplay and vast difference in races
    to chose from but we wish to expand that even more to give you the
    feel that you have ownership of this “kingdom” that you are in
    and improve the players interaction with each other.


    So what we are looking for is team consisting of 2 to 4 php/mysql coders as well as a CSS coder for the site design ( interface, menus etc.) and someone who can work with ajax/javascript this is what we hope for but you know if you and your friend said wanted to join to lend a small hand for a week or so, feel free.


    We are planning to have this game completely redone and rebuilt, with a design team that can evaluate and either improve what works, or destroy what doesn’t. This new team, will go step by step in coming up with a plan for creating a fully functional online browser based game. The details will be worked out by the team, and implemented by the team so that everyone has a say in what gets done and no voice is left out.

    We wish for you to know that this is a volunteer job which means that you can help out when ever you have time, just chat if you want or what not. All hosting costs will be paid, including any necessary bandwidth, database and domain fees and we have a user base that can help debug the game.

    If you feel like you would like to help out or want more information on this game please feel free to contact me at angelroms@hotmail.com and i hope to hear from you because this game is going to be awesome.



  • PHP, MySQL?

    And on top of that, Ajax. (Why is Ajax necessary for a tick based game... if you want it to be interactive why use a webpage?) 

    You're killing me. 

    I'll help you if you consider re-architecting the whole damn thing. 



  • Because everybody wants to work for somebody who uses hotmail for business.



  • @asuffield said:

    Because everybody wants to work for somebody who uses hotmail for business.
    I think this is hobby stuff ;) and I also think browser based games should die.



  • @Daid said:

    @asuffield said:
    Because everybody wants to work for somebody who uses hotmail for business.
    I think this is hobby stuff ;) and I also think browser based games should die.

    nothing is wrong with browser based games.  So long as they are community focused and not action focused. 



  • @tster said:

    @Daid said:

    @asuffield said:
    Because everybody wants to work for somebody who uses hotmail for business.
    I think this is hobby stuff ;) and I also think browser based games should die.

    nothing is wrong with browser based games.  So long as they are community focused and not action focused. 

    And they're not susceptible to SQL/HTTP POST injections. 



  • @bstorer said:

    @tster said:

    @Daid said:

    @asuffield said:
    Because everybody wants to work for somebody who uses hotmail for business.
    I think this is hobby stuff ;) and I also think browser based games should die.

    nothing is wrong with browser based games.  So long as they are community focused and not action focused. 

    And they're not susceptible to SQL/HTTP POST injections. 

    I actually see that as a perk, in most cases it's much more interesting to find that then find out how to win the actual game and in some cases a lot quicker too.

    However  web based games that let you buy/build/harvest/whatever on ticks and then let you send/launch/fight x of those units to some other player, have been done to death. let it rest or something.
     



  • @stratos said:

    I actually see that as a perk, in most cases it's much more interesting to find that then find out how to win the actual game and in some cases a lot quicker too.

    However  web based games that let you buy/build/harvest/whatever on ticks and then let you send/launch/fight x of those units to some other player, have been done to death. let it rest or something.
     



    you know what you are right that the same thing keeps going on and on...thats why we are hoping to put a twist on the gameplay and make it different than other games



  • How old are you, as well as the others on your group?

    this game is going to be awesome


    How many times have I seen [i]that[/i] one pop up in various forums...


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.