.NET/WPF/SQL/Web Technical book recommendations

• Training requirement. One option is to read a book.

Related to job areas listed in title.

I have two technical areas, a WPF client application, a web application using MFC/Knockout and older tech.

Also of interest is a good book about client/server models, since the CEO's right hand man has shown interest in moving to a thin client model.

Clean Code

• https://www.amazon.com/Professional-ASP-NET-MVC-Jon-Galloway/dp/1118794753/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1542121844&sr=8-3&keywords=professional+asp.net+mvc+5

I used it when I had to learn MVC 5. Also touches briefly on AngularJS but the other parts should cover most things a ASP .NET MVC 5 dev would likely need to know.

Thoroughly recommended.

PS: This book feels outdated if you consider ASP .NET Core is in the picture but I'm assuming companies are not gonna move to it anytime soon from what I've seen.

• You may not find a good book on knockout, since its javascript tech that was only in fashion for about a year, but is actually pretty good to work with; their website makes pretty good documentation though, IIRC.

As for books about WPF, those probably exist; I mean, the old editions of Head First C# taught you WPF, and it's stable enough that a book makes sense. The problem is that people have drastically different ideas on what makes a good XAML app, with some going full PRISM overkill. Maybe you could find a book dealing with MVVMLight? That thing seemed less monstrous than most...

But mostly, your best criteria are going to be MVVM and simplicity - since you've crossed out clean code, I assume that book is a given, which eliminates most WPF books for being full of overcomplication.