PDHTMLF

• Engineer: "We've got the page ready for the website."

Marketing: "Can you make it PDF?"

(thanks to User Friendly reader etwas_egal for finding this!)

• Oh dear.  Someone took that a little too literally (ha!) methinks?

It's not even attractive HTML :(

• Very nice, but where's the part where they print it out, place it on a wooden table, take a picture, scan it in, ... ?

• @Saladin said:

Oh dear.  Someone took that a little too literally (ha!) methinks?

It's not even attractive HTML :(

Actually, it's not even HTML.  That beast is XML with a custom DTD.

• Thanks a lot. After clicking that I got an Adobe Reader wtf (the autoupdate that reboots the computer)

• @Kyanar said:

I guess that's what I get for not looking too closely at it.

• @Saladin said:

@Kyanar said:

If by "too closely" you mean "the first 5 characters" then yes.

• @jojotdfb said:

Thanks a lot. After clicking that I got an Adobe Reader wtf (the autoupdate that reboots the computer)

Ditch Adobe Acrobat, it's a bloated heap of unbelievably slow startup times and embedded flash and javascript security vulnerabilities, with the helpful addition of obnoxious phone-home policies.  Have a go with the small, fast, free replacement Foxit Reader; it may not have all the most advanced features of Acrobat (such as preventing you from printing or cut'n'pasting....) but it should be enough for most people's day-to-day needs.

• @DaveK said:

Ditch Adobe Acrobat, it's a bloated heap of unbelievably slow startup times and embedded flash and javascript security vulnerabilities, with the helpful addition of obnoxious phone-home policies.  Have a go with the small, fast, free replacement Foxit Reader; it may not have all the most advanced features of Acrobat (such as preventing you from printing or cut'n'pasting....) but it should be enough for most people's day-to-day needs

I grabbed Foxit Reader a few days ago after reading a comment about it in another WTF thread.  I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

• @RayS said:

@Saladin said:

@Kyanar said:

If by "too closely" you mean "the first 5 characters" then yes.

I just paged through it really quickly, actually, and just looked at the overall structure of it without actually reading any of the text itself, if you can believe that.  And, based on the OP's post, I had no real reason not read the actual text to see whether or not it was HTML.

...Anyway. :P