Use a comment in code as revision tracking while using SVN

• @tar said:

What's unreasonable about C++ work in Eclipse?

The last time I tried, it was slow as molasses, setting it up so that the completion and checking worked was pain and then it still didn't work much. Admittedly, it was a couple of years ago.

Also, last version in Debian is 3.8.1 (current is 4.5.2).

• @tar said:

knock up a project

:giggity:

@blakeyrat said:

Whatever. It was a really shitty bittorrent client.

Seconded. uTorrent is also horrible, and has been for the last few years. I finally found one I liked, Deluge, but that stopped working at some point so I gave up and switched to some weird obscure one.

So now I'm back to my original situation, where the only OpenSource programs I recommend over anything else in their category are Konversation and 7zip.

• @Bulb said:

@BaconBits said:
    stored procedure

Stored procedures are the sore thumb of version control. Not everybody has learned to keep versioned migration scripts around and there is no version control in databases themselves. So in databases it is still 1970 and keeping version comments still makes sense there.

RedGate? ApexSQL? dbForge?

Beyond that, you can, you know, just script your schema to .sql files and put that in ordinary VCS systems.

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

@Magus said:

Konversation

I'm trying, yet again, to wean myself off Konversation. But every IRC client out there is shit.