Website of our 'trapper' friend

• For anyone who didn't find this...

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/

That is the website listed in the profile of the last sidebar post, which was utterly ridiculous. (I think we all agreed on that one!)

Now besides the site being just tacky and horrible, as well as the horrible video of a large rock on it...

He actually lists his occupation in his profile as: Search Engine Developer

That got me wondering... and when you go to his site you will see what he thinks is a 'search engine developer'.

I think it is safe to say Google doesn't have any need to worry here.

"I can be anywhere and have the power of the best Desktop Search. Just visit this site and grab a copy. Then real search begins."

Beautiful. I am sure we can find even more WTF's if someone actually wants to dl that...

Just noticed this too:

"No slew of complex programs (you just need this 1)
    No firewalls, pop-up blockers, anti-spy etc
    Just reload windows occasionally."

OMG WTF?

• Ok. Yes the guy is an idiot, but isn't this taking it a bit too far? Can't we just let this die?

• I don't know if we're taking this too far. I mean, his post was almost completely non-IT related, it had more to do with the morality of his and his friends' actions than it did with IT. But to call yourself a search engine developer, and than to say that the user does not need anything else but his program, as long as you reload Windows occasionally? That's a bit WTF-ish indeed.

• im guessing english and interNets are not this guy's strong point.  but the realWTF is why he'd come to this site given that.  Let it die, dont let it die, who cares.  maybe he just needs a little wake-up call that he isn't as smart as he thinks he is.  we've all had those moments in our careers. well i have anyways ;)

• I'll agree that the site is ugly, but at least I can understand what's going on if I look at the source. I've seen worse. Much, much, much worse.

• I, for one, am in favor of keeping this going because everything relating to this guy is hilarious.

Oops, sorry, gotta reload Windows real quick!  BRB

• No, we cannot let this die. I am so instantly reminded of KryptoChef when I see his posts to ezineplanet (or whatever that site is called, check for the links on his site).

If you don't know what I'm talking about: see here (oh god, is this bad).

• @modelnine said:

No, we cannot let this die. I am so instantly reminded of KryptoChef when I see his posts to ezineplanet (or whatever that site is called, check for the links on his site).

If you don't know what I'm talking about: see here (oh god, is this bad).

Oh GOD! MY EYES!! THEY BLEED!

ZEE GOGGLES!!!

• I don't want such flame-threads against members of this forum, no matter how much they might deserve it. Thread closed.