Craftsmanship question on SE devolves into mra circlejerk

• @ben_lubar said:

I think this should be the conclusion to every social sciences paper ever.

That's the extreme liberal mindset.
    They reject the notion that any rational thought can produce ideas other than their own. All rational paths end in their own thought.

Therefore, the idea that a rational set of people are not bothered by -manship, is impossible, and therefore we cannot know why the answer was upvoted.

• @DoctorJones said:

I personally don't like the word artisanal because I don't like poopers.

I don't like the word artisanal because it makes me think of certain counter-cultural city-dwelling poopers*.

*Although, in all fairness, hipsters have moved down a rung or two on my hatelist of late. They might be annoying, but they're relatively harmless in comparison to the SJWs who go out of their way to ruin the lives of people who do not share their worldview.

• Why do you assume I consider my own mindset rational? There is no rational thought. Only various indistinguishable stages of insanity. In the final analysis, we cannot know why insanity is the only thing, but it does not matter that we cannot know why.

• @DoctorJones said:

human

• That's... not an answer.

• ♿ (Parody)

Wow, what a fantastic stack whacking question.

That's a particularly hard site to play on too... I don't think I've seen that level of stackwhacking on the ELU site since derekvinyard98.

• I love the part where "history" becomes a valid target for un-sex-ing.

I mean, "herstory".

What's this going to become, clbuttic scenario where we censor all male gender words with a find-all-and-replace.

• @cartman82 said:

> bunch of troglodytes to rename the genus of Homo sapiens to something more all-inclusive of women like Pan sapiens would be.

😆

It would be entirely apprporiate.

@cartman82 said:

> The question apparently hit the network-wide superconducting multicollider, which pulls in drive-by voters from all SE sites everywhere.

Yep. It got my vote that way too.

Generally speaking, English speakers, I envy you. You can talk about somebody without implying their gender! Wow! That's cool. I can't do that in my native language without sounding silly because it does not have widely accepted equivalent of singular they and it has grammatical gender and requires using correct gender variants and correct gender flexing. Therefore I really don't understand why peopleSJWs insist on creating gendered variants which then adds the gender bias where it didn't exist before, making the problem worse rather than better.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@apapadimoulis said:

stack whacking

:giggity:

• Tangentially related:

A Hertfordshire recruitment agency boss says she was told she could not request "reliable and hard-working" applicants.
    Devonwood Recruitment boss Nicole Mamo said the Jobcentre Plus in Thetford, Norfolk, told her such an advert could be "offensive" to unreliable people.

Filed under: Y U no onebox eh?

• FoxDev

A Hertfordshire recruitment agency boss says she was told she could not request "reliable and hard-working" applicants.

:wtf:

Devonwood Recruitment boss Nicole Mamo said the Jobcentre Plus in Thetford, Norfolk, told her such an advert could be "offensive" to unreliable people.

:facepalm:

While there are reasons to avoid the phrase (e.g., it's quite difficult to measure and most people either fit it or are able to delude themselves into thinking they fit it) removing it because it might be offensive to someone you wouldn't even want to hire? That's outright offensively dumb…

• ♿ (Parody)

@apapadimoulis said:

I don't think I've seen that level of stackwhacking on the ELU site since derekvinyard98.

I was searching for "niggard" on the site, but their search only came up with definitions or synonyms or something. I'm not willing to commit any more effort to that.

Side note: Does anyone know who this Mr A guy is doing the circlejerk over there? How is that not against their ToS?

• I do believe it is everyone's right to be a geneticist engineer (or simply intelligent). Which is why I strongly support the right of everyone to get any IQ-enhancing drugs or procedures for free (pedantics: publicly funded).

Sadly AFAIK we don't really have any of those yet.

• @blakeyrat said:

Their spam controls seem more like, "fuck you new users!" controls to new users.

Keep in mind that they expect users to have some balance of asking and answering questions -- the latter is far more effective at getting you out of noobland than the former is!

@buddy said:

mra circlejerk

@boomzilla said:

Side note: Does anyone know who this Mr A guy is doing the circlejerk over there? How is that not against their ToS?

• BINNED

@tarunik said:

That requires a hilariously low amount of rep (15) -- simply have the mods do this thing called (shock, horror) consolidating your SO accounts, and you should have enough rep to self-answer and do many other things.

But then he'd have one less thing to complain about.

@xaade said:

Please be inform your subordinates that IQual harassment will not be tolerated. No one is allowed to complain about anyone's decisions. No one is allowed to say a decision is not intelligent. No person is illegalunintelligent.

:poes_law.jpg:

• [spoiler]Mens Rights Activist[/spoiler]

• @tarunik said:

Keep in mind that they expect users to have some balance of asking and answering questions

I've signed up for a StackOverflow account several times, and not ONCE has that been communicated during the sign-up process. If they expect people to answer questions, maybe they should SAY SO.

@tarunik said:

the latter is far more effective at getting you out of noobland than the former is!

I don't want to "get out of noobland". I'm fine being in "noobland" as long as I can get my question answered.

I also have absolutely no reason to believe I'd have gotten useful answers if my reputation had been 5000 instead of 5.