The fifth world problems thread

• @blakeyrat said:

Seriously? Those are the dumbest.

Let's say 50% dumb, 44% midly paranoiac, 5% just gross and 1% genuinely upsetting. Many of them are completely stupid and flawed/or in one or two major ways, [i]but[/i] my threshold for belief in palpable nonsense skyrockets if I am half-asleep.

@blakeyrat said:

try playing any video games based on SCP. They're all fucking terrible.

Never got any of the games to even run past the menu, but will take your word for it. The site works as well as it does because it's just text and you need to conjure up your own mental images, so having that aspect of it removed is highly likely to ruin the whole experience.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

If you want to be cured of thinking SCP is scary, try...

...using FTP.

It's been too long and I have no context for what you guys are talking about, but it reminds me of the drinking game we play at my house with Discourse 429 responses.

• @blakeyrat said:

Seriously? Those are the dumbest.

I have a horror capacity of zero, so I might be alone on that, but there are exactly two creepypastas I've read that were somewhat interesting (the Godzilla game one and the Happy Appy one, the first one because it was really well-written and the second because it was so much WTF), and exactly zero that were genuinely scary.

The truth is, most people on the Internet can't write for shit, and yet they do. including yours truly

@blakeyrat said:

If you want to be cured of thinking SCP is scary, try playing any video games based on SCP.

Or watch a PewDiePie Let's Play on those. That's a flawless idea. Trust me.

@boomzilla said:

the drinking game we play at my house with Discourse 429 responses.

HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE

• Java Dev

@boomzilla said:

the drinking game we play at my house with Discourse 429 responses.

So do you take a shot when it returns 429, or when it does not?

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@created_just_to_disl said:

Negation of always is not never.

Always and sometime are dual modal operators in classical temporal logic. You can see this because “not always X” = “sometime not X” and “not sometime Y” = “always not Y”. That's the mark of a modal operator pair (just as ∀ and ∃ are dual operators).

• @PleegWat said:

So do you take a shot when it returns 429, or when it does not?

Does it matter, really?

• FoxDev

@redwizard said:

Does it matter, really?

The fate of the world depends on it!*

*Maybe. OK, probably not ☺