Stop, please make this stop !!!

• Oh boy here comes another WTF from my COWorker collection.

I'm exhausted now, so please bear with me like you've done before.

<shortstory>

We switched offices today. And since we were moving from a classified zone to a declassified zone, all we could do about getting our work out was to transfer it via the company LAN.

A couple of folks who just joined the company havent done this before. Surprise, surprise.

So here goes my short tip out to them - share your directories and give yourselves remote access to them via a secure password.

A few minutes later, they come back with another problem - the mail server is not allowing them to mail the zipped archives of their directories to me.

Oh boy, I thought to myself, I asked them to share the directories and they've mailed it.

Ok, even that's excusable if the attachments are not more than 10 MB or so, not a 2 GB archive of the Program Files and Windows directory.

Ok, even that's excusable if they let their machines stay powered on, when they wanted to transfer the data.

</shortstory>

It all went downhill from there.

• So... your coworkers tried to send a couple of GB as an attachment, then shut down their machines after clicking Send?

I have noticed something about, say, 90% of the American workforce. When given instructions (or a suggestion) that they don't fully understand, they seem unwilling to ask for clarification. They just do... 'whatever.'

• [quote user="R.Flowers"]

So... your coworkers tried to send a couple of GB as an attachment, then shut down their machines after clicking Send?

I have noticed something about, say, 90% of the American workforce. When given instructions (or a suggestion) that they don't fully understand, they seem unwilling to ask for clarification. They just do... 'whatever.'

[/quote]

Not just 90% of the American workforce. This is a problem with the place that you jobs are getting outsourced to as well. Speak about high quality and low cost. I've never seen them together.

• [quote user="R.Flowers"]

When given instructions (or a suggestion) that they don't fully understand, they seem unwilling to ask for clarification. They just do... 'whatever.'

[/quote]

That little flaw in a human body is called pride. But I wont blame people for it. 

• [quote user="Nachoo"]

But I wont blame people for it. 

[/quote]

Man, I dont know if this is good, but you wont become a manager with that attitude.

But for your consolation you might become a leader - The One.

• My talent to put the biggest pile of dirt into the light of sucess qualifies me to become one of the most well known managers of all time, a friend once told me.

Now I dont know if that is good or not.. 

• [quote user="Nachoo"][quote user="R.Flowers"]

When given instructions (or a suggestion) that they don't fully understand, they seem unwilling to ask for clarification. They just do... 'whatever.'

[/quote]

That little flaw in a human body is called pride. But I wont blame people for it. 

[/quote]

Excessive pride, maybe.