NSFW icon



  • I was browsing a post on a CSS technique, and got a popup advertising "200 lovingly honed set" of icons. But what caught my attention was this:

    There are some really charming details that you don’t often find in free icon sets: there’s a lovely wiggle on the cord of the phone; the leaves of the cigar really bring out its shape; the hand-crank sewing machine looks just like a vintage Singer; and the guy in the shower looks like he’s having a great time.

    I couldn't snag a screenshot of the actual popup, but you can see it for yourself here http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/ (might have to hit reload a couple of times to get the right popup to show).



  • This one?


    Doesn't look that sus to me!


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @DrPepper said:

    webdesignerdepot
    Ugh. That site's TRWTF right there. I'm not going to hit reload. I'm not going to visit there ever again either. No matter how funny things are, putting up with that disaster of itty bitty tiles just makes me feel awful. It makes the dratted Yahoo! homepage look restful and uncluttered. It makes Wikia sites look reasonable and free of adverts. Just… ewwww…



  • After about 200 refreshes, this particular popup finally popped up. Except for the text, not really interesting.



    I made a screenshot but I'm far too lazy to post it. Instead, this here is where it links to.



    Image, severely lacking to support the enthousiasm of the TS:

    O


  • Much more interesting (and weird) though is the kid with the giant boner sitting in its baby cart (third row from the bottom)



  • @rootkit said:

    Much more interesting (and weird) though is the kid with the giant boner sitting in its baby cart (third row from the bottom)

    Dirty mind is dirty. I see two feet and a hand. Baby is trying to escape.



  • @Zemm said:

    Dirty mind is dirty. I see two feet and a hand.
    That was my first take, too, but I decided the other "foot" is actually the bar across the front of the stroller to hold the baby in, hold his/her toys, etc. Without rootkit's comment, I would not have thought anything weird about it — well, except the wheels; it looks to be prone to tipping over backward.



  • I was expecting a dude with a boner or something. What sort of work do you do where a stick figure sticking up its arms is NSFW?



  •  Person to the top left of the shower is bringing and important... artifact.



  • @HardwareGeek said:

    That was my first take, too, but I decided the other "foot" is actually the bar across the front of the stroller to hold the baby in, hold his/her toys, etc. Without rootkit's comment, I would not have thought anything weird about it — well, except the wheels; it looks to be prone to tipping over backward.

    Especially if the parent hangs a shopping bag on the handles.



  • @DrPepper said:

    and the guy in the shower looks like he’s having a great time.
     

    Not that great; he's just had his towel ripped out of his hands by an extremely powerful vacuum cleaner.



  • Knife to the left side of the plate and fork to the right. Is that a thing? Wikipedia says otherwise.

    I've learned another thing in which the US do things differently. Still doesn't explain the knife being left though.


  • BINNED

    @dhromed said:

     Person to the top left of the shower is bringing and important... artifact.

     

     But... it's orange.

    I am going to send a strongly worded email to the author this instant demanding it be recolored to a more... noble color.

     



  • @Zecc said:

    Knife to the left side of the plate and fork to the right. Is that a thing? Wikipedia says otherwise.

    I've learned another thing in which the US do things differently. Still doesn't explain the knife being left though.

    Odd. I haven't "zig-zagged" since I was a kid. The only time I eat with the fork in my right hand is when I'm not using a knife at all.

    And, no, the knife on the left is not a thing. I figure the "artist" either flipped it at some point in time or was a leftie and thought nothing of reversing them reversed them as a means of giving the finger to a right-handed world.



  • @Zecc said:

    the US do things differently.
    TIL I've been Doing It WrongTM my whole life.



  • @rudraigh said:

    And, no, the knife on the left is not a thing. I figure the "artist" either flipped it at some point in time or was a leftie and thought nothing of reversing them reversed them as a means of giving the finger to a right-handed world.
    That's not the only thing that's a bit odd. Besides that and the baby stroller with the wonky wheels, the bugle at the left end of the 6th row is very definitely broken, and half of the music notes 2nd from the left in the bottom row are backwards.



  • @RTapeLoadingError said:

    Especially if the parent hangs a shopping bag on the handles.

    We actually did that to the twins the other day. We often hang a nappy bag on the handle. Normally it's not a problem but they decided to throw themselves back at the same time so the pram tipped backwards.



  • @Zemm said:

    twins
    Congratulations and sympathy, in whatever proportion you feel is appropriate at the moment.

    At one time, my ex thought she wanted twins; we planned to (and did) have two kids, and getting them both over at once seemed like a good idea. Until we had the first, and she came to the realization that having two at the same time would have been overwhelming.



  • @HardwareGeek said:

    @Zemm said:
    twins
    Congratulations and sympathy, in whatever proportion you feel is appropriate at the moment.

    At one time, my ex thought she wanted twins; we planned to (and did) have two kids, and getting them both over at once seemed like a good idea. Until we had the first, and she came to the realization that having two at the same time would have been overwhelming.

    Thanks. They are 2yo now and we're still not sure we believe it. Makes home life interesting, along with their older brother. My wife injured herself carrying them and so now often has back pain. Also trying to wangle our heffalumps could hurt anyone! The twins are both over 15kg now. I'm 6'6 and my wife is 6ft, so none of our children were ever going to be small.

    I posted about them when we found out, which was the 20 week scan. Which was about the time Jeff Atwood's twins were born.



  • @Zemm said:

    @RTapeLoadingError said:
    Especially if the parent hangs a shopping bag on the handles.

    We actually did that to the twins the other day. We often hang a nappy bag on the handle. Normally it's not a problem but they decided to throw themselves back at the same time so the pram tipped backwards.

    Ooops. Our two are 13 months apart and more than a match for the heaviest bag. Until the elder one gets out that is....



  • @Zemm said:

    Which was about the time Jeff Atwood's twins were born.

    You mean there's another Discourse out there? Do we have the evil one or the nice one?



  • @RTapeLoadingError said:

    Not following the one true way
    Which seems not to be working at the moment:@Discourse said:
    Topic failed to load

    Sorry, we couldn't load that topic, possibly due to a connection problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, let us know.



  • @HardwareGeek said:

    @Discourse said:
    Topic failed to load

    Sorry, we couldn't load that topic, possibly due to a connection problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, let us know.

    Presumably, Paula is really going at it.



  • @boomzilla said:

    Presumably, Paula is really going at it.
    I'm tempted to ask what she's going at, but I'm sure the answer would be NSFW. Edit: Ah, I got to the topic that describes what she's been doing. Self-inflicted DOS attack. Once again, TDWTF is itself TRWTF.

    Whatever is going on, it appears to have been broken for a while. It's already mid-morning on the US west coast, and there are only 17 comments so far. On the bright side, slightly more than half are about something at least indirectly related to the article, rather than about Discourse.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.