This is the strangest conspiracy theory I've ever seen...

• @HardwareGeek said:

@mikeTheLiar said:
    Actually, considering that I'm posting pictures of my girlfriend's tits on the internet, I think I'm just a shitty person.
    The water makes it difficult to determine just how big the are.

She's also about 25 feet away, and I took it with my phone so it's not the best picture in the world. I don't have anything better, you'll just have to take my word for it.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

@joe.edwards said:
    @mikeTheLiar said:
    My girlfriend wears GG.
    Let me be the first to say: pics or it didn't happen.

And now it's gone. Check your email.

I wanted to say "Senator, I served with GGs. I knew GGs. GGs are friends of mine. Senator, these are no GGs." But actually it's hard to tell, between the water and the photo.

More field research is indicated.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

I don't have anything better, you'll just have to take my word for it.

I don't want to see GG boobs.

• @dhromed said:

@mikeTheLiar said:

I don't have anything better, you'll just have to take my word for it.

I don't want to see GG boobs.

I can't believe that I'm actually doing this, but....

Two things are important to note here: 1) The standard bra sizes that most people think of are completely outdated. They're based off the measurements that were appropriate when bras were invented, and the material used is considerably different today. Most women are actually wearing the wrong bra size. 2) Cup size is proportional. Lose a few inches off the bust line, and you go up a cup size, even if your boobs are the same size. There are links above that explain all this.

Also, I was wrong. Her cup size is single G. I was confused because it used to be FF.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

I was confused because it used to be [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamics_(music)]FF[/url].

Those are some tremendously loud breasts.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@HardwareGeek said:

The water makes it difficult to determine just how big the are.

Sexy, dirty refraction.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

Two things are important to note here: 1) The standard bra sizes that most people think of are completely outdated. They're based off the measurements that were appropriate when bras were invented, and the material used is considerably different today. Most women are actually wearing the wrong bra size. 2) Cup size is proportional. Lose a few inches off the bust line, and you go up a cup size, even if your boobs are the same size. There are links above that explain all this.

Also, I was wrong. Her cup size is single G. I was confused because it used to be FF.

That doesn't change anything! The real questions are:

- what does the second letter mean? I've always wondered.
    - any neck/back problems?

• @dhromed said:

I believe it's just the next size up, but I don't know for certain.
    @dhromed said:
    - any neck/back problems?

Nope. Like I said, the cup size is proportional to bust size, so the FF just means her breasts are large for her bust. If you saw her in the street, you wouldn't be shocked or anything. They're reasonably sized, if maybe a little large for her frame, but nothing abnormal. According to the out-of-date sizing methods, she's a 34 C. Updated for the modern world, she's 28-G.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@dhromed said:

Nothing. Its just a WTF way of incrementing that half of the measurement.

• @dhromed said:

I can't believe y'all making me read the Wikipedia entry on bras.

Apparently, it's a difficult apparatus.

@Wikibradia said:

Finding a correct fit can be very difficult for many women. Medical studies have also attested to the difficulty of getting a correct fit. Scientific studies show that the current system of bra sizing is quite inadequate.

Constructing a properly fitting brassiere is difficult. Adelle Kirk, formerly a manager at the global Kurt Salmon management consulting firm that specializes in the apparel and retail businesses, said that making bras is complex.

@Adelle Kirk said:

Bras are one of the most complex pieces of apparel.
    There are lots of different styles, and each style has a dozen
    different sizes, and within that there are a lot of colors. Furthermore,
    there is a lot of product engineering. You've got hooks, you've got
    straps, there are usually two parts to every cup, and each requires a
    heavy amount of sewing. It is very component intensive.

Common types include backless, balconette, convertible, shelf, full cup,
    demi-cup, minimizing, padded, plunge, posture, push-up, racerback,
    sheer, strapless, t-shirt, underwire, unlined, soft cup, and sports bra.

@El_Heffe said:

Cups sizes are designated A through D.  What is the metric equivalent of D?

D, but you never know how large it is.

@Wiki said:

most women assume that a B cup on a 34 band is the same size as a B cup
    on a 36 band. In fact, bra cup size is relative to the band size, as
    the actual volume of a woman's breast changes with the dimension of her
    chest

Wait, you already did this research! Why the fuck do I have to explain this again?

• @mikeTheLiar said:

Wait, you already did this research! Why the fuck do I have to explain this again?

Because my research didn't mesh with your statements in terms of the magnitude of the variation. GG = 34C? The words "there is inconsistency between cups of the same nominal size" do not adequately encapsulate that eccentric inequivalence.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

she's a 34 C.

Oh ok.

Clearly I don't understand boobs at all.

• @dhromed said:

@mikeTheLiar said:

she's a 34 C.

Oh ok.

Clearly I don't understand boobs at all.

It's okay, they're pretty complicated and nuanced (as you've already discovered). She did a bunch of research and I had to hear about all of it. I will say that the 28 G is much more flattering that the 34 C she used to wear.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

I will say that the 28 G is much more flattering that the 34 C she used to wear.

Yes, but do they make good on the promise when taken off?

I believe I am overstepping one or two bounds here, so feel free to ignore.

• @dhromed said:

@mikeTheLiar said:

I will say that the 28 G is much more flattering that the 34 C she used to wear.

Yes, but do they make good on the promise when taken off?

Indeedy-do.
    @dhromed said:
    I believe I am overstepping one or two bounds here, so feel free to ignore.

Eh. Maybe a little, but I get a chance to brag about my hot girlfriend.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

Eh. Maybe a little, but I get a chance to brag about my hot girlfriend.

:'(

• @Wiki said:

most women assume that a B cup on a 34 band is the same size as a B cup on a 36 band. In fact, bra cup size is relative to the band size, as the actual volume of a woman's breast changes with the dimension of her chest

I honestly didn't know that.

Yeah, you may give me some stick about being a bloke and not listening to SWMBO but a previous GF years back helped as a wedding planner and gave me the low-down about being fitted right, and how the difference between (measurement around the fullest part) and (measurement around the undersides) determined the cup size, the rest was just backstrap and shoulder strap adjustments to ensure it sat right. I just presumed from that a D-cup was always a 7-inch difference (or whatever the value was).

@mikeTheLiar said:

My girlfriend wears GG. So they go at least that far. And they don't sell them in the US, she has to special order from the UK.

Bravissimo, by any chance? (I actually presumed they were an Italian company).

@mikeTheLiar said:

According to her, modern bra measurements are all fucked up and thoroughly outdated.

They weren't that accurate in yesteryear.  The GF encountered just as many women not fitting their optimal measurements as those who were pleasantly surprised to find the first decent comfortable supportive undergarment they'd ever experienced for some time.  Then along came the Wunderbra and brides began to sacrifice properly-fitting apparel for a day of discomfort to big up their wedding photos and turn more heads.

At least conical designs of old have been deprecated.

• @Cassidy said:

Did I just make a boob of myself?

Yes, but we can't figure out which size.

• @Cassidy said:

Bravissimo, by any chance? (I actually presumed they were an Italian company).

There's a couple of different ones, the only one I can remember offhand is "Curvy Kate." I want to say Clio is another one, but I might be making that up.

• @dhromed said:

Yes, but we can't figure out which size.

It's how I hang.