The TA Rides Again!




  • ”When you say load the site in Firefox, how do you do that?” - quoth the Technical Architect.

    I've blundered through the last few years believing this chap to be a fool - I'm now however thinking of sending my department manager a thank you card for laying on the entertainment...



  • Look, there are situations where you simply need a SENIOR Technical Architect. No sympathy here.



  • I like that idea...

    The problem with this chap is that he's established, and has managed to convince (It's depressing to even think how) those higher on the food chain that he really knows what he's doing. He's a figure of fun amongst the developers though, and probably knows it. In some ways I almost feel sorry for him - and would have more sympathy if he wasn't a total jerk...



  • So what did you tell him?



  • @boomzilla said:

    So what did you tell him?

    I didn't - it wasn't me he asked. The person he spoke with literally said "Launch Firefox, put the address in the address bar..."



  • @DumbByAssociation said:

    @boomzilla said:
    So what did you tell him?

    I didn't - it wasn't me he asked. The person he spoke with literally said "Launch Firefox, put the address in the address bar..."

    "So when you say 'Launch Firefox' ... how do you do that?"



  • @Fjp said:

    "So when you say 'Launch Firefox' ... how do you do that?"

    "With something that we in the industry call a 'Catapult'.  Just step over here and sit on this little wooden chair while I demonstrate..."

     



  • @Liquid Egg Product said:

    Look, there are situations where you simply need a SENIOR Technical Architect. No sympathy here.
    Instead of a senile one.



  • "They said we needed a Firefox. I'm looking for local endangered species traffickers now."


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.