QA

• BINNED

@blakeyrat said:

QA -> higher paid and more senior QA -> higher paid and more senior QA -> higher paid and more senior QA -> QA management (optional)
    I'd like to see a similar career path for developers.

• @PedanticCurmudgeon said:

@blakeyrat said:
    QA -> higher paid and more senior QA -> higher paid and more senior QA -> higher paid and more senior QA -> QA management (optional)

Microsoft has one. I assume other big dev shops do, too, but I'm only familiar with Microsoft.

• @PedanticCurmudgeon said:

@blakeyrat said:

Over here, we have Engineer -> Experienced engineer -> Senior engineer -> Expert -> Senior expert. It gives you something to work for other than going into management.

• @boh said:

@PedanticCurmudgeon said:

@blakeyrat said:

Over here, we have Engineer -> Experienced engineer -> Senior engineer -> Expert -> Senior expert-> Source of many TDWTF articles. It gives you something to work for other than going into management.

FTFY

• My idea of a career path is

you suck -> get better at your job

• @dhromed said:

you suck -> get better at your job

Damn, promotion's eluded you for so longgggg.....