Anyone want to decrypt this SQL Server installation error?

• @boomzilla said:

Does that mean that blakey successfully trolled himself?

Good trolling knows no bounds! Anyway, I wasn't offended, I'm mostly shocked that someone could actually write that crazy-ass run-on paragraph and think it would positively influence another human being. I mean what was going through his head? "After reading this hundreds of people will drop Windows and start using Linux! I've found the perfect unassailable argument for it! Crowd applauds wildly!"

@ASheridan said:

I'm not saying that everyone who doesn't use Linux is a moron though.

You were a few minutes ago. Gasp! Body-snatchers!

@ASheridan said:

I think part of your problem is that you take on the viewpoint that anyone who effectively "badmouths" some feature or aspect of Windows is essentially a Linux (or Mac) fanboy.

Wow. Have you ever read anything I've written in this forum ever?

@ASheridan said:

I think maybe you need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself if you're not really a Windows fanboy?

I'm a "works and is usable" fanboy. At the moment, I believe Windows 7 provides the best balance of those elements, with OS X following close behind. In my ideal world, Apple bought BeOS instead of NeXT, Apple's usability engineers (the few who didn't flee during Mac OS 8 & 9) worked with the BeOS' already-excellent usability engineers, and produced an OS that leapfrogged the rest of the industry by 20 years. Unfortunately that did not happen. Instead BeOS had a stuck-up CEO who asked for too much money, Apple bought NeXT whose usability was... eh. The few people who knew usability at Apple all left or were shouted down, and BeOS died. Sucks.

Sorry, off-topic there. The point is: I'm pretty much the exact opposite of a Windows fanboy. I've used every OS under the sun. After my C-64, I used exclusively Classic Macs until 1999 or so-- you try finding a Windows fanboy who's used Classic Mac in its prime. Hell, initially, I only bothered with Windows because it was the only way to play Tribes! I've used Corel Linux, RedHat 6-ish (6.2?), Classic Mac, OS X (I have a MacBook Air not 3' from me right now), BeOS, Ubuntu (several versions), fucking GeOS, a little O/S 2, and hell fucking OS/360. FUCKING OS/360!

So no, I'm not a Windows fanboy. If Apple turned their usability clusterfuck around and started producing a good OS again, I'd gladly jump back to OS X... but 10.7 shows they ain't.

• @boomzilla said:

@serguey123 said:
    @ASheridan said:

Are you trolling? You don't see that your comment basically says, "I'm super smart and everybody that doesn't use Linux is a moron" and that saying it makes you a dick?

Yes, blakeyrat is not perfect but your goal should be to be a better human and not to say "If he is kind of a dick, then I can be a dick as well"

I didn't get that from his comment at all, although it's fun to get in a pedantic dickweedery match with blakey. In fact, I took it as him getting trolled by blakey, who for some reason, seemed to be offended that someone actually bit! Does that mean that blakey successfully trolled himself?

It seems I was not the only one that read his post that way

@blakeyrat said:

You called everybody who doesn't use Linux "complete retards"

@ASheridan said:

Not really, I was pointing out the problem with software developers with regards to the Windows Start menu.

No, you were saying that people who use linux are somehow smarter than most and that.... makes you a dick

@ASheridan said:

I'm not saying that everyone who doesn't use Linux is a moron though.

You were implying it and that .... makes you a dick

@ASheridan said:

I think part of your problem is that you take on the viewpoint that anyone who effectively "badmouths" some feature or aspect of Windows is essentially a Linux (or Mac) fanboy. I certainly have a preference for my OS of choice because I think it does the things I need it to better. Sure, it's not perfect, but is any OS? I think maybe you need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself if you're not really a Windows fanboy?

OS wars are stupid, I use whatever is at hand that will solve my problem.  Other than that I don't care much

• @ASheridan said:

I didn't call everyone not using Linux a complete retard, I actually said

@ASheridan said:

Generally Linux users tend not to be complete retards

Which is not saying that all non-Linux users are retards. If you can't figure it out...

Poor english skill?

•  Yes, maybe I should keep my sentence constructs simpler to avoid confusion in the future. Wouldn't want to offend the linguistically challenged.

• @ASheridan said:

Yes, maybe I should keep my sentence constructs simpler to avoid confusion in the future. To avoid future confusion, maybe I should make my sentence structures simpler. I Wouldn't want to offend the linguistically challenged.

FTFY

• @ASheridan said:

Yes, maybe I should keep my sentence constructs simpler to avoid confusion in the future. Wouldn't want to offend the linguistically challenged.

Thank you very much, from now on please use one word or less in all your future posts, that will ensure that you are not misunderstood and improve your post quality.

Your contribution will be more appreciated if you follow this simple rule.

Regards

•  onewordorlessehIthinkIcandothat

• @ASheridan said:

OneWordOrLessEhIThinkICanDoThat

FTFY

• ♿ (Parody)

@dohpaz42 said:

@ASheridan said:

one_word_or_less_eh_i_think_i_can_do_that

FTFY

FTFY

• @ASheridan said:

onewordorlessehIthinkIcandothat

Dear sir, welcome to APD (Assisted Posting for Dicks) Inc.

Our automated system does not recognize your post as an english word, but it does comply with our rule.

Let me take a moment to explain our comprehensive grading system

1. Empty or no post: 2 points
    2. One english word: 1 point
    3. One non-existant word: 0 point
    4. Normal post: -1 point

As such we have awarded you 0 point.

Congratulations, this is your highscore so far: 0 points

If you have any problem please contact us at our toll free 24 hour hotline 1-800-DICK-HELP

Regards

• Honestly guys "not all Linux users are complete morons" did not imply to me "unlike Windows".  The implied part for me was "like you apparently think we are."  Of course, that being said, all Linux users are complete morons.

• @Sutherlands said:

Honestly guys "not all Linux users are complete morons" did not imply to me "unlike Windows".  The implied part for me was "like you apparently think we are."  Of course, that being said, all Linux users are complete morons smug, preachy dicks.

FTFY

•  unsubscribe

• @Mole said:

unsubscribe

me too!

• ♿ (Parody)

Why am I getting these messages?
    @immibis said:

@Mole said:

unsubscribe

me too!

• My bad, I meant SQL Server 2008 R2. But yeah, what I was trying to imply was that I've had success installing it in a virtual environment, which seemed different, not that I care about tainting my soul with windoze or anything. Only someone white knighting windows would think.... oh wait nevermind, that's half of this forum. Consider me a fool.

• @Power Troll said:

Consider me a fool.
    So let it be written.  So let it be done.