Aspose.PDF is Hard

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@hardwaregeek said in Aspose.PDF is Hard:

Also, while that looks like Word is cooperating nicely with you, what you're doing is actually fairly simple. Even though you're moving stuff around, the anchor point is mostly staying attached to the same, rather large paragraph. (There are a couple of times, when you're dragging the picture between the paragraphs that it attaches itself to the second paragraph.)
    Now try that with short (2 or 3 sentences, like you might find in a typical newspaper or magazine article) in a multi-column layout. And keep the picture fixed at the top of column 2 while you edit the text near the column break. Or notice that the picture at top of the column is not perfectly aligned with the text and try to nudge it up a few pixels. (It's likely to jump to the previous column.) All with someone looking over your shoulder and yelling that you're incompetent because you can't move a picture a 32nd of an inch.

That's when you want to anchor the image to the page, not the text.

• @dkf At least in the version of Word I had at the time — that was over 10 years ago — as best I can recall, that wasn't really possible. The picture could be positioned relative to the page — that's the way to get it to mostly work that I mentioned — but it was still anchored to the text — specifically, to the first paragraph on the page — and if an edit caused the text to move to the previous page, so did the picture. I could be misremembering — it has been more than 10 years — but I spent something like 14 months fighting this, so if there were any easy fix, I think I would have found it.