I just feel like I need to talk

• i believe my life has been ruined by a psychopath but nobody cares it's driving me mad how stupid the population has become ok so i make a testing framework for npm yeah called zoroaster when i work in london, and make like 62 packages yeah and then i apply for this thing called technation visa from within the uk as i lived in the uk for like 9.5 years, and worked for 2.5 and got a senior role, but then i basically was terminated and i relied on the fact that i made a testing framework with a context-testing feature, will show that i have necessary "skill" to be applying for promise route of the exceptional tier 1 visa in 2018. the promise as per guidance is that you "might not have a track record yet but show the poterntial in terms of skills and achievements". i m also a bsc of computer science and ai from Sussex and have a distinction in master from King's College London, + senior role + testing framework + a registered company. then this pathetic illegal organisation called tech nation which is just an office management org granted by david cameron a status of an "endorsing body" illigaly, are passing applications to panel, which decides. but it's illegal because you have to be a charted institute which TN is not,it's in the EU e-commerce directive, e.g., RaENG is chartered and they give visas to engineers which i am, but i had to deal with this scammers, essentially there was an error in my application judging me for the already talent route saying a leading talent should have published a book, yet in the very first statement, they say "clearly skilled and talented". so i come to tech nation office because my visa is literally curtailed until 24 august and i come there in llike 18 and ask wtf what are doing cant you like doublecheck? my life fucking depends on it. and there was this woman manager psychopath L----- P______ she comes down with another person and tells me its all my faul like people have done amazing things by this age, so im like whatever just do the review quickly and then leave the office, and say in final that i do my job to the best possible standard and i don't appreciate it when others don't do theirs (it's a normal grieverance over me paying them 456 pounds for a job which they basically don't do at all). so home office is waiting for the review and im waiting and then it comes negative like on the 22nd saying that "i have developed a number of tools using a number of frameworks which are not used by anyone". this is like absolute bulshit i made a testing framework and as per criteria, i showed how i built infrastructure for my employer. unfortunately this little idiot of a woman say saw many of these other morons that go by the name open sources, decided that i must have a profile within them yet i don't have any fucking clue how i am supposed to have a profile in some kind of community ???? when npm does not have a fucking community. this fucking morons could not build not a single line of community, they had a forum and then they shut it but this stupid woman is saying "we can't see evidence like github or stack overflow" do you understand that i have a private school education and deistionction in computer security from one of the most prestigious colledges on the UK? this is beyond the fact that I made a framework, an innovation of context-testing, i got it validated by a Go-developer, founder and conference-speaker in the UK, like very prominent in the Go community, and this piece of shit is saying he's not a world leader as well as my former employer who launched a fund when he was younger which now oversees like 1 bil AUM or something like that. This person has an A-levels diploma from a college OK and she's telling me, a computer scientist, that I don't have a community profile which wasn't my criteria. The spec says that promise is below 5 years in industry with potential to establish a track record in innovation and in 3 years i've fucking revolutionised the web development you can't even imagine the cool shit i've come up for you guys it's better then react 100 times one part of it is called reactive OOP like not OO reactive P with all that crap as streams etc, but just an OOP when you bind functions to react to changes in props of objects, and it's only 1/20 the list goes on i'm the leading talent in this fields but these dumb open sourcers think they are soo cool so important they are the biggest bunch of loosers there are god how stupid these people are like babel and crap, they destroyed javascript and this is literally, babel destroyed javascript with bug, so crazy, that's it's just the most epic fail of the entire web software history, yet nobody cares because everyone's on TS etc so im just saying, it takes time to come up with innovation and build profile instead being another mediocre piece of crap with nothing to offer other than "another js framework" no i give you something else i reimagined web programming for you, the way it's supposed to be, but this so-called "loving community" of open sourcers who actively propose it, are the biggest bunch of loosers and haters that you'll ever see all they care about is themselves and their precious little programs that everyone has to use because there's no fair competition with real software engineering companies like mine. but they are all such failures they think they are good, this stupid manager thinks that having stars on github (despite the fact i fucking showed a graph where i consistently published packages on npm for a year) and being popular is somehow matters. no it's not. open source is there only because Adobe has failed everyone at the time. as Web Engineer, you should be able to buy professional tools not that fucking open source but you see they think that they've earned it with hard work whereas it was just a fluke after globalists nuked flash haha well it's all left-wing extremism and saying that a person must have his tools used by other people (and completely disregarding the assessment of skill and ideas that the person in the conceiving, implementation, testing and documenting his precious innovative framework) is wrong on so many levels. you understand that this is malfeasance and jail time up to life sentence. BUT this is all normal in this world that has gone mad. i can't understand how this can be possible, how can all this community not stand up for me? because there's no such thing as NPM community. i was supposed to be npm-famous, but no we're just slaves provide packages for free to npm, and npm will never support you when you ask. this is normal? i left npm after 200+ packages then created my own lambda+s3 registry and publish packages compiled with google closure compiler so that the source code is closed. I believe that open source takes all glory from software itself and puts the spot light on itself, like LOOK it's open source, it's so great instead of the programmer and the product itself, SOFTWARE made by this person already means nothing. I'm not a fucking dev don't even think you're anywhere on my level. im saying all this because i was stubbed i was left to die by open source when i asked for help, everybody turned away because they couldn't understand "what has this got to do with javascript" yet it has everything, je sui javascript, and javascript is me you all are hooked on TS but it's because of the bug in babel and bug in VS Code which prevent correct working but i provide tools to generate typedefs from model that you write in an xml-based IDL. anyway i've done more in 3 years than 1000s of TechNations' free-riders have, and it's my life is destroyed because i have integrity to not accept that 2+2=5 and that zoroaster=made using another framework. but nobody deals with it. no complains nothing matters. but i wake up and go to war everyday. she's taken away my life. young inventors are always vulnerable especially to all this "community monsters" you see i hate them all i passively despise them they are nothing. their software is worth nothing. my software is worth
    $2500/3 years. theirs is not software, just a bunch of scripts. but because of my characters and absolutely blatant thought processes and not being afraid and brain-washed, i'm the only leader there's now. before she goest to jail my life can't continue and every day i bring that day 1 more cm closed, but it's not just her, it's the entire British tech elite which was formed by david cameron for his pals like daniel korski and this commie-celerator EF entrepreneur first which basically just grants people british residency even if they failed after 3 weeks into program this is nuts, they just call them "exceptionally talented" but it's not true, tech nation visa is just a backdoor for all this commie-cronies, they see "ef", "korski", no expert is needed pass. This is not democracy. I got them all. I have so fucking flashing headlines. because i'm writing a treatise "Ecce Engineer: A treatise for young software engineer" where i outline all my 20 innovations at first then use works of Nietzsche, Ayn Rand And unabomber's manifesto to demonstrate how there're 2 breeds of people, the warriors and the leftists, who have absolutely no intrinsic morals and have to acquire their artificial vision of what is good, they justify their position from the point of view of those who work for the common good but that's bullcrap that's not people want and not how countries are run. People want a professional tool like Photoshop to make software, but they get Gimp. Adobe used to provide enterprise-experience to millions of people, but now it's all open source. it shouldn't be. it can't be. please stop. you deserve better than come to this narcissistic bastards, who feel so entitled to the role of "leaders", leaders of that imbecilic community that has no clue what software development is. these leaders, zhou, babel painter, hasn't even studied compilers lol this is fucked up. so these leftists just fill in the space somehow while the professionals are not represented at all and the entire profession is destroyed - all institutes shuttered. malfesant managers psychopaths write blatant shit pretending to be experts, and... nobody cares... what does it have to do with javascript?

• it's driving me mad how stupid the population has become

Unfortunately, no matter what you do, 50% of the population will be stupider than the median. (And approximately 50% will be stupider than the mean, but that's relying on the distribution being symmetric.) Maybe it's not the population itself, but increased ability to communicate with different layers of the population exposing you to the stupidity?

then i apply for this thing called technation visa from within the uk <...>, but then i basically was terminated <...> applying for promise route of the exceptional tier 1 visa in 2018

Making a living in a foreign country is hard. A friend of mine is in a similarly precarious situation in a EU country with a PhD visa that's about to expire and uncertain financing prospects. Unfortunately, all immigrants start at -100 points, even if their home country offers much lower standards of living. Will you be able to get some psychological help in either country? It's the only thing that helped my friend the EU PhD student to get through a really bad spot and recover their performance enough to avoid getting terminated (and having to leave the country).

use works of Nietzsche, Ayn Rand And unabomber's manifesto

Your work risks not being accepted by the people you want to convert if you rely on works they didn't believe in in the first place. I mean, I read all three of those, but mostly didn't find them convincing. Convincing large masses of people of something is essentially engaging in PR and politics, and most successful politicians don't rely on Ayn Rand. Perhaps your message could be accepted on its own merits, if the improvements to the quality of coding life you are promising are so noticeable?

People want a professional tool like Photoshop to make software, but they get Gimp. Adobe used to provide enterprise-experience to millions of people, but now it's all open source.

I'm sure there are people on both ends of the spectrum. A person with 350 EUR in monthly income wouldn't buy an Adobe product anyway, but they might still need to develop some scripts to analyse their PhD project data. I do agree that diminishing quality as a result of commodification is a problem though. One of my colleagues swears by their copy of Visual Studio 2010 because "it got worse in the later versions".

P.S. Depending on which direction you prefer for this thread, the right place for it might be a limited-access category

• @aitap said in I just feel like I need to talk:

One of my colleagues swears by their copy of Visual Studio 2010 because "it got worse in the later versions".

I'd guess that your colleague's most convincing example of "got worse" is probably equivalent to "it changed". Perhaps your colleague should at least peruse "Who Moved My Cheese?" ...

For what it's worse (ugh, spelling... ===> for what it's worth), I have a copy of 2010 on physical media, but nothing could persuade me to go back to it from 2019. At the very least, 2010 is restricted to a prerelease version of C++11, and 2019 is currently on C++20, with future stuff available if you feel like trying it.

• BINNED

@aitap said in I just feel like I need to talk:

Unfortunately, no matter what you do, 50% of the population will be stupider than the median.

And a quarter of the population will always be in the top quartile. Ugh, these MORONS!

Filed under: One half of all pet peeves are in the top 50% most egregious pet peeves.

• @zad0m I would suggest that if you want to talk, and expect unconditional sympathy, TDWTF is not the place for you.

• Considered Harmful

World (you're holding back) 🎶
    The time has come to 🎵
    G r i b n i t i z e !

• @zad0m here, you dropped these:

• BINNED

That's a 8054 character "paragraph" of pure, unfiltered schizopost and it only ends because this guy accidentally hit Enter once... in the middle of a sentence. If you didn't do that you could have passed 10k, fucking hell man!

• @blek said in I just feel like I need to talk:

That's a 8054 character "paragraph" of pure, unfiltered schizopost and it only ends because this guy accidentally hit Enter once... in the middle of a sentence. If you didn't do that you could have passed 10k, fucking hell man!

Paragraph? Felt more like a sentence. And I didn't make it past the first line.

• Wow, that’s hilarious.

Okay, OP, assuming this isn’t a parody, let me give you some advice. Go look through the archives of the main section on this site. A really common theme is that there’s some arrogant guy who talks down to everybody and insists that his code is better than theirs, and then he gets fired and it turns out that everything he did was wrong and those remaining have to spend a lot of time cleaning up his mistakes. That’s you. You are exactly that guy. You are one of the people Dunning and Kruger were writing about, one of the ones who is too incompetent to realize that they are incompetent. It sticks out a mile with every word of your screed. Try acting with a little humility. It will be an act, because you’re way too egotistical for it to be otherwise, but it will at least make you bearable enough in person that other people may help you not screw up to the point of being fired.

And, what’s more, your own description of your attitudes and supposed competencies mean that you are the sort of person that is a dime a dozen in the job market. Assuming you’re in a city, if you walk out — “Go Galt” as your ridiculous book would put it — your employers can throw a handful of gravel out the window and probably hit at least three people who would function as a drop-in replacement for you in all relevant aspects of the job.

(Except, of course, that a person they hit with gravel probably doesn’t think Ayn Rand is an authority on anything, in which they would be right. Rand was a ludicrous imbecile with no grasp of economics, who famously refused to talk with anybody who didn’t already agree with her because she knew she could never actually defend her point of view. (She was also a big fan of a psychopathic murderer, William Edward Hickman, and partially based several of her heroes, including John Galt, on him. When you’re basing your heroes on somebody who gutted a little girl alive and stuffed her body with rags, there’s something seriously wrong with you.) Her ideal economic system is a capitalism which somehow has no customers, only suppliers — who compete so efficiently that there’s no real “market” to be “free” anyway. Not even the most ludicrously head-in-the-clouds idealist ever came up with a worldview as unrealistic as Rand’s, and you’ve swallowed it hook, line, and sinker, and think it’s brilliant. Not a ringing endorsement of your self-proclaimed mental superiority.)

• @Anonymous-Throwaway unsympathetic and cruel. I salute you!

• I was curious, because while I might have heard of "Technation", I clearly am not one of the kewl kidz, because I had no idea what it was.

I dug around, and eventually ended up on their website. Ugh. Now I have buzzword stains all over my screen.

• @Steve_The_Cynic said in I just feel like I need to talk:

I was curious, because while I might have heard of "Technation", I clearly am not one of the kewl kidz, because I had no idea what it was.

I dug around, and eventually ended up on their website. Ugh. Now I have buzzword stains all over my screen.

:vomit: kind of stains?

• Considered Harmful

@Anonymous-Throwaway said in I just feel like I need to talk:

Dunning and Kruger

:pendant: Donner and Keurig

• @zad0m To follow up on the other points being made, I realise you're in a shitty situation with job/visa/etc. but honestly doubling down and asserting the people that let you go are imbeciles is not the best look.

It might be true from your perspective, it might even be objectively true (unlikely), but no matter how clever you are, or how clever you think you are, at least part of the deal with working with other human beings is the fact you have to work with them.

No matter how annoying they are, or how wildly different your view point is, you still have to work with them.

And if your own position is a shitty one where you're in a deep dark hole where other human beings are the enemy, finding another job - any job - is going to be hard work. I would strongly urge you to find someone who can help, and I don't mean in the job-hunting arena. Find someone professional to talk to, to get your head on straight because right now between your professional and personal situation, your head is not on straight. You're clearly hurting and lashing out - and that's not going to win you any awards (not even here). Retreat, regroup, get your head back on straight, reassess your situation.

I should add, I've had my share of shitty situations - I'm sure some of the people here can attest to the bullshit I've put myself through for jobs and I've certainly had to have people tell me I'm fucking wrong in the past. It's not easy accepting that something you passionately believe and espouse is wrong, but sometimes it is, even if it is well-meant. This is why I'm saying to get yourself in a better position, to be able to see things as they are, not as we wish them to be, and to come up with a better plan of moving forward.

• Considered Harmful

@zad0m said in I just feel like I need to talk:

i believe my life has been ruined by a psychopath but nobody cares

Well yeah, what you do in the privacy of your own mind is nobody's business but your own.

• Considered Harmful

@blek Fine wine indeed but tbf this is barely schizoid, the persecution complex didn't branch that far onto the messiah complex. But, tbmf I haven't read it all yet.

• BINNED

@Gribnit Could be, I'm not going to try to decipher that. I just saw the bit about the book and assumed the entire thing was like that.

• @Steve_The_Cynic: OP declares everybody around them to be stupid, and says they justify their viewpoint by quoting Ayn Rand, Nietzsche, and the Unabomber manifesto. (Which is why I half-suspect this is actually a parody.) I’ve met the type (repeatedly) — they don’t show other people sympathy, although they whine endlessly as soon as they notice that nobody wants to be around them. They don’t understand sympathy; they think it’s weakness.

Oh, and if you want something amusing and on-topic, try this: The Cobra Commander Dialogues

• @Anonymous-Throwaway The remark about "unsympathetic and cruel" is a reference to my remark in https://what.thedailywtf.com/topic/28315/jsdoc-2-0/6

Maybe we can make that one of the site's new memes, something that doesn't involve absurdly small guns like a GAU-8.

• Considered Harmful

@Applied-Mediocrity said in I just feel like I need to talk:

World (you're holding back) 🎶
    The time has come to 🎵
    G r i b n i t i z e !

I have appeared, and so I was summoned.

• You guys actually parsed the wall of text?

Am impressed.

• @Anonymous-Throwaway said in I just feel like I need to talk:

(Except, of course, that a person they hit with gravel probably doesn’t think Ayn Rand is an authority on anything, in which they would be right. Rand was a ludicrous imbecile with no grasp of economics, who famously refused to talk with anybody who didn’t already agree with her because she knew she could never actually defend her point of view. (She was also a big fan of a psychopathic murderer, William Edward Hickman, and partially based several of her heroes, including John Galt, on him. When you’re basing your heroes on somebody who gutted a little girl alive and stuffed her body with rags, there’s something seriously wrong with you.) Her ideal economic system is a capitalism which somehow has no customers, only suppliers — who compete so efficiently that there’s no real “market” to be “free” anyway. Not even the most ludicrously head-in-the-clouds idealist ever came up with a worldview as unrealistic as Rand’s, and you’ve swallowed it hook, line, and sinker, and think it’s brilliant. Not a ringing endorsement of your self-proclaimed mental superiority.)

My second favorite part* of Atlas Shrugged is where Ayn Rand orders you to bludgeon her with a golf club and you are unable to resist her orders due to your physical/psychological conditioning.

*My favorite part is where Galt's Gulch is taken over by a collectivist who injects her daughter with enough sea slug juice that she becomes a god and looks up to you as a father, since anybody is more sane than Mommy at this point. There's also some debate in the community about whether you are in fact her biological father, but you, in my view, do enough fatherly things for her that in the end it doesn't really matter. Kind of a powerful message about parenthood.

In the next installment, Galt's Gulch is suddenly floating in the clouds and about American Exceptionalism, and that's where it lost the plot.

• @Rhywden said in I just feel like I need to talk:

You guys actually parsed the wall of text?

Am impressed.

I got through the first several lines before I found parsing it to be most vexing.

• @Anonymous-Throwaway

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs

Yes, you all know the quote. Still!

• BINNED

@Rhywden said in I just feel like I need to talk:

Am impressed.

In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.6/algorithm:63:0, from error_code.cpp:2: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h: In function ‘_RandomAccessIterator std::__find(_RandomAccessIterator, _RandomAccessIterator, const _Tp&, std::random_access_iterator_tag) [with _RandomAccessIterator = __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::vector<int>*, std::vector<std::vector<int> > >, _Tp = int]’: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:4403:45: instantiated from ‘_IIter std::find(_IIter, _IIter, const _Tp&) [with _IIter = __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::vector<int>*, std::vector<std::vector<int> > >, _Tp = int]’ error_code.cpp:8:89: instantiated from here /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:162:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:162:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:4403:45: instantiated from ‘_IIter std::find(_IIter, _IIter, const _Tp&) [with _IIter = __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::vector<int>*, std::vector<std::vector<int> > >, _Tp = int]’ error_code.cpp:8:89: instantiated from here /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:166:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:166:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:170:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:170:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:174:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:174:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:182:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:182:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:186:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:186:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:190:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:190:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&)

• @topspin I hate you. And no, I'm not going to try to parse that unless I'm getting paid (a lot) for it, although I just happened to notice "no match for 'operator=='" in the line just above the reply editor, but I don't care what class doesn't define ==.

• BINNED

@HardwareGeek said in I just feel like I need to talk:

@topspin I hate you.

Starting 2022 off strong! 🎺 🎆

• @topspin E_JS_NOT_FOUND | E_JSDOC_NOT_FOUND

• @topspin said in I just feel like I need to talk:

/usr/include/c++/4.6/

@topspin said in I just feel like I need to talk:

Starting 202211 off strong!

FTFY.

• Banned

@topspin I hate you.

Starting 2022 off strong! 🎺 🎆

It's our new TDWTF tradition it seems, royally pissing someone off on New Year.

I don't even remember who that guy was last year. But I blame @GuyWhoKilledBear.

• Considered Harmful

@zad0m said in I just feel like I need to talk:

je sui javascript, and javascript is me

Unless you are in fact Eich we should be flaming you so much harder.

• Considered Harmful

@Rhywden said in I just feel like I need to talk:

Am impressed.

In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.6/algorithm:63:0, from error_code.cpp:2: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h: In function ‘_RandomAccessIterator std::__find(_RandomAccessIterator, _RandomAccessIterator, const _Tp&, std::random_access_iterator_tag) [with _RandomAccessIterator = __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::vector<int>*, std::vector<std::vector<int> > >, _Tp = int]’: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:4403:45: instantiated from ‘_IIter std::find(_IIter, _IIter, const _Tp&) [with _IIter = __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::vector<int>*, std::vector<std::vector<int> > >, _Tp = int]’ error_code.cpp:8:89: instantiated from here /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:162:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:162:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:4403:45: instantiated from ‘_IIter std::find(_IIter, _IIter, const _Tp&) [with _IIter = __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::vector<int>*, std::vector<std::vector<int> > >, _Tp = int]’ error_code.cpp:8:89: instantiated from here /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:166:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:166:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:170:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:170:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:174:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:174:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:182:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:182:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:186:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:186:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:190:4: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘__first.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::operator* [with _Iterator = std::vector<int>*, _Container = std::vector<std::vector<int> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>::reference = std::vector<int>&]() == __val’ /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:190:4: note: candidates are: /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_pair.h:201:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&, const std::pair<_T1, _T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:285:5: note: template<class _Iterator> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_Iterator>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:335:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR> bool std::operator==(const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorL>&, const std::reverse_iterator<_IteratorR>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:122:5: note: template<class _T1, class _T2> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_T1>&, const std::allocator<_T2>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/allocator.h:127:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool std::operator==(const std::allocator<_Tp1>&, const std::allocator<_Tp1>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_vector.h:1273:5: note: template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> bool std::operator==(const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&, const std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/new_allocator.h:123:5: note: template<class _Tp> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&, const __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<_Tp>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:805:5: note: template<class _Iterator, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_Iterator, _Container>&) /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_iterator.h:799:5: note: template<class _IteratorL, class _IteratorR, class _Container> bool __gnu_cxx::operator==(const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorL, _Container>&, const __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<_IteratorR, _Container>&)

So many people forget to include this, thanks!

• Someone, on some university campus, a PhD student of Literary Analysis is sitting at a computer, writing a ground-breaking thesis: "Unhinged Rant - the emerging art form of 21st century"

• BINNED

@Kamil-Podlesak BlakeyPhD. 🍹

• @topspin his rants never seemed unhinged to me, at least most of the time…

• Banned

@Arantor it was a different kind of unhinged. He was very articulate and coherent, but had several absolutely insane convictions that made him impossible to reason with on certain topics. A surprisingly wide variety of topics, from video games to European technological inventions.

• @Gąska said in I just feel like I need to talk:

He was very articulate and coherent, but had several absolutely insane convictions that made him impossible to reason with on certain topics. A surprisingly wide variety of topics

You're pretty good at describing :trolley-garage: residents, I must say.

• Banned

@remi :alsoyes:

• BINNED

@Gąska said in I just feel like I need to talk:

from video games to European

But also what 👆 said.

• @remi said in I just feel like I need to talk:

He was very articulate and coherent, but had several absolutely insane convictions that made him impossible to reason with on certain topics. A surprisingly wide variety of topics

Not all of them. There are at least a couple that don't even come close to "articulate and coherent".

• Considered Harmful

@remi said in I just feel like I need to talk:

Not all of them. There are at least a couple that don't even come close to "articulate and coherent".

I left, so who's the 3rd guy?

• @HardwareGeek said in I just feel like I need to talk:

There are at least a couple that don't even come close to "articulate and coherent".

You can't be talking about me, I actively shun the Garage and am starting to add people to the ol' ignore list.

• @Arantor said in I just feel like I need to talk:

You can't be talking about me

No, I'm definitely not.

One of the people I am talking about is so inarticulate and incoherent that I have CSS to hide his posts, because just trying to read his words, much less decipher meaning from them, gives me a headache. The other isn't incoherent, but he's either a very successful troll or such an idiot that he supports his arguments with "facts" from comedians and articles that say exactly the opposite of the point he's trying to prove.

• @HardwareGeek NodeBB has a block user feature that hides all the posts without having to have custom CSS. It's very convenient.

• Considered Harmful

trying to read his words, much less decipher meaning from them, gives me a headache.

Working as intended, thanks for the update.

• @Arantor said in I just feel like I need to talk:

@HardwareGeek NodeBB has a block user feature that hides all the posts without having to have custom CSS. It's very convenient.

It does have the downside that the bottom scrollbar doesn't handle life well (nor does the "scroll to the last read post" feature) when the banned user(s) is(are) very active in a thread.

• Considered Harmful

@Benjamin-Hall said in I just feel like I need to talk:

@Arantor said in I just feel like I need to talk:

@HardwareGeek NodeBB has a block user feature that hides all the posts without having to have custom CSS. It's very convenient.

It does have the downside that the bottom scrollbar doesn't handle life well (nor does the "scroll to the last read post" feature) when the banned user(s) is(are) very active in a thread.

Yeah but how often can that even happen? Sounds like an edge case.

• @Arantor Yes, but I didn't know that until after I'd installed the CSS. Also, it seems to confuse ⛔👶's post counting. Using CSS to hide the posts leaves blank places where the post should be, and it doesn't hide reply notifications or posts on the Recent page, but ⛔👶 works normally (such as that is) and doesn't get confused by not having sent some posts to the browser. Kind of a toss-up, and I already have the CSS.

• @Benjamin-Hall Fortunately the targets in question don't post much outside the Garage, so it's occasional threads and honestly there's enough other traffic to rerail it the rest of the time.