Emoji on mobile not working?

• Banned

1. Start typing emoji name so autocompletion list pops up.
    2. Click on the emoji in the list so it autocompletes.

Instead of completing the name, the part that's already written gets replaced by the part not yet written (e.g. writing ":fa" and clicking the fairy results in ":iry:"). Then, when I write the next letter anywhere in the post, the "completed" emoji reverts to what it was before completion.

The bug occurs only in portrait orientation. I literally just turn my phone sideways and everything works fine.

Anyone else has that bug?

• @Gąska I haven't seen that, but possibly only because I can't scroll the editor on mobile to see anything I'm typing.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Gąska said in Emoji on mobile not working?:

Anyone else has that bug?

Trying now... 🧚🏻

Nope.

• Considered Harmful

@HardwareGeek said in Emoji on mobile not working?:

@Gąska I haven't seen that, but possibly only because I can't scroll the editor on mobile to see anything I'm typing.

I can see about a third of the typing space I have. In about 3 more lines past this one I'll be typing blind. The next line of content contains no specific marker, nor does this one. Uh oh, headed for the darkness. Well, here we go, I wonder what autocorrect is doin down here . Spacing break up yet? Probably. Yeah no idea whether this what I intended to wite, in any sense, whis somewhat fewer than usual. Let's take a look.
    !

Meh, could be worse. When do we get an ex command mode?