League of Maidens

• So who wants to play Ultimate Waifu Combat Simulator 2019 when it comes out? If it comes out?

• Wow, they're not even pretending to not be focused on making sexy designs. Where are the makers from? I can foresee this sparking some angry screeching if it gains any popularity.

• @Kian said in League of Maidens:

Wow, they're not even pretending to not be focused on making sexy designs.

That's what's great about it!

Where are the makers from?

Good question. On their website, press inquiries all go to a generic contact form. There was a Steam page for the game a week or two ago, but it has since disappeared. I seem to remember reading something about it being a 3-man team (which seems a little small for a project this ambitious). Their English is good enough to make me think it's not coming out of Korea or Japan.

I can foresee this sparking some angry screeching if it gains any popularity.

That's what's great about it!

• Grade A Premium Asshole

Anita is going to lose her goddamn mind.

https://youtu.be/8ma35XHotgU

🍿

• @Polygeekery The boob-physics remain ridiculous even when wearing a metal breastplate. That totally broke the immersion.

• @cvi said in League of Maidens:

@Polygeekery The boob-physics remain ridiculous even when wearing a metal breastplate. That totally broke the immersion.

Asked and answered. Just adjust the slider:

slider.png

Also, given that this is not even alpha, it's not too late for them to apply different bone weights/masking when applying different armors.

• BINNED

Hahaha I wonder if it's made by the same people who already gave us this masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwBG2Dtpmk

• @blek said in League of Maidens:

Hahaha I wonder if it's made by the same people who already gave us this masterpiece

I miss SB. I even bought a Founder's Pack, only for the devs to dither on updates, lose momentum and then the game goes belly up. 😿

Even though it was a WoW-esque MMO, the game was surprisingly deep with respect to combat mechanics as compared to its intended selling point.

• @cvi said in League of Maidens:

The boob-physics remain ridiculous even when wearing a metal breastplate. That totally broke the immersion.

You should remove the breastplate before you immerse yourself in them :trollface:

• Grade A Premium Asshole

@Groaner said in League of Maidens:

@cvi said in League of Maidens:

@Polygeekery The boob-physics remain ridiculous even when wearing a metal breastplate. That totally broke the immersion.

Asked and answered. Just adjust the slider:

slider.png

Also, given that this is not even alpha, it's not too late for them to apply different bone weights/masking when applying different armors.

Why would anyone not set that to 100? Is there a possibility that they will increase this limit in the future?

• @Polygeekery said in League of Maidens:

Why would anyone not set that to 100?

"Realism", I guess? It's far more granular than, say,
    DoA5's options. I myself might set it at 50 so that, erm, objects the size (and mass) of watermelons are modeled somewhat accurately.

Is there a possibility that they will increase this limit in the future?

Generally, these sliders (and shape morphs in general) are implemented as a weighed displacement, where 0 is no effect and 1 (100%) is full effect. It's usually possible to set the value over the limit with a third-party memory-editing tool or debugger, which is what a lot of people end up doing in games like these.

• Oh, look, their Patreon reached their funding goal of $16k/month!

Supposedly, becoming a patron of sufficient tier means you get an alpha key to play the game within 24 hours. While that means sending money in the direction of Jacqueline Hart, it's for a good cause that she would probably not approve of, so it sort of cancels out.

• So as far as I can tell, the game is like a PvE MOBA, but it has some other game modes as well, (i.e. there's a "city" you go into for missions, as well as a time-trial mission mode which might be my favorite).

I'm bound by NDA not to release videos, but they say screenshots are okay, so here we go!

An early popup inside the game drives home the "you vote with your wallet" concept, and makes clear that they fully intend to do God's work:

34042bbf-c978-411c-b1f7-317badd32a7a-image.png

Now, I know what you're thinking. I was thinking, 'Hmmmm," when I saw this as well. Especially since they're using a similar font as a certain other loot "crate" game. But it doesn't seem like it's anything game-breaking. Cash-shop items are all cosmetics, I'm told.

6c1c8ae3-baf1-44fb-9243-f0da47a74c5d-image.png

There's also this silly roulette you spin every 15 minutes. So much work! Why are freemium games so big on Byzantine systems the player has to manage at regular intervals? Operant conditioning?

2301ffbc-c0d7-47fb-a6f0-db5a573e71dc-image.png

CYA! There are nudes in-game, which I will cover more in a second, but I will not post here as this is not a NSFW thread, and I cannot be held responsible for myocardial infarctions caused by fictitious ladies with mammaries large enough to exert their own gravitational wells.

ddcf14f8-1423-4272-9cb7-a3809a061422-image.png

There's a skill which turns you into a giant. Yes. It doesn't make sense, but smashing things is amusing.

7f595b1c-de10-4867-8472-c12ed94add11-image.png

In mission mode, you fight samurai! Note the titty clipping through the shield.

f50bc27b-ea69-456f-b619-f1bb537933a8-image.png

Once every real-life hour, gigantic high-heeled kaiju titty monsters fall out of the sky, landing in the city, and you are forced to slay them.

37450ec2-1dfd-47d8-ac93-cfb15855d984-image.png

Once felled, they often fall into compromising positions.

2e79d233-404b-4a7a-8006-b74db553cb8e-image.png

You can also fly, which is pretty cool.

f3342087-3a28-480c-b61e-a8a2954b32c7-image.png

Depending on how much money you are giving them per month on Patreon, you might unlock secret "cheat codes." Size Matters is the name of the skill that turns you into a giant. The final tier is $100/month, and ain't nobody gonna throw that at an unproven game. Well, except a few people have, and I might, if this game takes off...

3bb2412c-a1f9-4282-95c4-2aec5aa7eed8-image.png

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to continue my research....

• Oh, hey, look! It's a not-quite-Camaro!

20190609213017_1.jpg

A portal is opening up in the sky!

20190609230109_1.jpg

Where does this portal lead? To Titty Land? Why does it only open so briefly? Can we find a way to keep it open indefinitely?

They've made it pretty clear that once things go live, microtransactions for cosmetics will be the bread and butter. Fair enough. They already have a storefront set up and make a point of reminding the player that this ain't no pay-to-win circus.

bd581aa3-8193-479c-af87-7cf864b6d141-image.png

So far, nothing untoward. These look like reasonable tiers, and I see no greedy intentions at play whatsoever!

b1ddd1ed-de46-442d-99b3-16b645f43041-image.png

REALLY GUYS?

If they plan on having $700+ worth of cosmetics, they'll rival DOA5 in terms of money spent to get all the content.

• Java Dev

These look like reasonable tiers

It's cheaper to buy 1k twice than to buy 2k once?

• @PleegWat said in League of Maidens:

These look like reasonable tiers

It's cheaper to buy 1k twice than to buy 2k once?

Good catch. I'll pass that on to the devs.