Dell meets adjustable-strap laptop case

•  Word of advice: If you are ever in the market for a nice satchel-like laptop carrying case, make sure it doesn't have an adjustable strap.

I have just such a bag, I use it to carry my laptop and assorted paper product to college. Walking, going up and down stairs, and even picking up the backpack introduces entropy into the oh so cleverly designed laptop carrying case- which does not have both ends of sewn directly into the fabric of the bag. So of coarse the strap gradually works its way loose until I'm walking down the stairs and  -whack-

My laptop is on the floor, and the strap completely loose from its adjustable attachment. This is where, my friends, our story comes to the real WTF: the wounders of dell engineering.

dell studio power switch

Why yes, the on/off switch of the Dell studio is build into the hinge, set on the corner, placing it in the most damage prone part of the laptop. Sadly this button is not one of those near indestructible cylindrical push buttons, but rather a fragile arrangement of decorative plastic over some form of circuit-board switch. I can see this circuit board after my dependable satchel introduced my laptop to the floor. Needless to say, I have to resort to a rather arcane method of turning the laptop on until the new LCD back-plate comes in next week.

• So the WTF is you dropped your laptop and it broke.

• I refuse to touch Dell laptops unless they're Precisions or Alienwares and stocked with an SSD. Then they survive being dropped or thrown quite well!

• @blakeyrat said:

So the WTF is you dropped your laptop and it broke.

Read more carfully: I didn't drop it, the carrying bag failed.

• @doomsought said:

@blakeyrat said:

So the WTF is you dropped your laptop and it broke.

Read more carfully: I didn't drop it, the carrying bag failed.

Yeah, that isn't going to happen.  Also, restating things rarely causes blakey to acknowledge that they were said (much less that they were said the first time).