The best web design agency in the world...

• Or maybe you think there is a better company out there?
    </h>

• Oh my god!

I laughed my head off just looking at this page, the javascript is a nice touch, at the very least  ;-)

You MUST check the "about us" page

Mike Rod

• Please, please, PLEASE tell me this is a joke.  And if not, please
    tell me no one is stupid enough to give them any money for their
    "services".  The four-year-old girl next door who made a website
    for her hamster could do a better job than that.  Hell, the
    hamster could probably teach them a thing or two.

• well the no right click script works for internet explorer.   however you can still just go to view... source, and see the source in IE.

• I love their slogan. Because you are the customer. Brillant stuff.

That's like Wendy's changing their slogan to "Because you need food to survive". Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Slogans should be clever, or at least promise service quality you won't find anywhere else. Informing me that I'll be playing the role of "Customer X" in this little drama doesn't inspire much confidence.

Oh yeah plus the website looks like shit. I'd love to explore the site more, but frankly the atrocious home page, embedded Windows Media Player, and missing 5 pages from the pricing section were enough to wish you a speedy death.

• It's gotta be a joke.   Question:  how does one contact this "team of experts" to hire them?

• @tster said:

well the no right click script works for internet explorer.   however you can still just go to view... source, and see the source in IE.

Right-click protection didn't work with firefox. View source worked fine there.  Maybe he's only worried that IE users might try to steal his pictures or copy his text.  Hope they don't know how to take screenshots.

• At one time, using a .org domain for commercial purposes would have
    gotten your domain suspended.  It's probably not true anymore,
    though.  I can at least say with some authority that Verisign
    doesn't give a crap.

I'd love to submit this awful site to www.webpagesthatsuck.com, but
    they don't accept pages of web site designers as submissions. 
    (Check their FAQ for reasons why.)

• We are experts in html, seo, and java?

Where is xml?

• My favorite from the pricing page:

<body bgcolor=pink background=background.jpg onLoad="testIt()">

And is it just me, or are none of his google ads working?

Don't forget, he's even extending html by adding the <foot> tag.

• hilarious.  I like the scrolling text.  very classy and sophisticated.

Nice find!

• @Mike Rod said:

You MUST check the "about us" page

From the About us page:

WELCOME TO MODULUS WEB DESIGN. I AM ANTHONY Sosnick. We have been in
    business for 13 years...

Somthing tells me that we is actually only Anthony.

Why do they have an .org domain? How can Hypotheticals be a company name? I mean how is that a positive, selling name? Good luck Anthony

• Even better notice the java script error alert at the bottom left. And he is a java expert LOL what a maroon!

• Take a look at the aboutus page and noticed the error on page warning !  Sorry couldn't figure out how include a screen capture in here

• So I shared this link with a private IRC channel for some of the people I work with.  All of a sudden one guy starts typing:

<guy>WTF HOW DO i GET IT OFF THE SCREEN?
    <Me>huh? Maybe you have to cancel the popup box
    <guy>I can't close it now
    <Me>close what?
    <guy>The window from clicking your link
    <guy>it won't let me click on anything
    <guy>Now I have to reboot
    <Me>um, hold on
    ***guy has signed off
    <Me> did you try killing the...nevermind

• @shadowman said:

So I shared this link with a private IRC channel for some of the people I work with.  All of a sudden one guy starts typing:

<guy>WTF HOW DO i GET IT OFF THE SCREEN?
    <Me>huh? Maybe you have to cancel the popup box
    <guy>I can't close it now
    <Me>close what?
    <guy>The window from clicking your link
    <guy>it won't let me click on anything
    <guy>Now I have to reboot
    <Me>um, hold on
    ***guy has signed off
    <Me> did you try killing the...nevermind

That might explain my system locking up after I did the same (canceled the 'what is your name' dialog) That blody page locked up Windows explorrer, killed the taskbar, killed page refreshing (you drag a window accross the screen and it doesn't refresh where the window isn't... so you get the edge of the window looking like a 'hall of mirrors') I had to go through and close all my apps, then rebot the PC to get it back up and running.... gotta love MicroS**t and IE....

<FONT size=6>WARNING TO ALL!!! DO NOT CLICK CANCEL ON THE 'WHAT IS YOUR NAME' DIALOG WHEN VIEWING IN IE</FONT>

• Every page starts with an unclosed <hotmail> tag. I guess only the best design their site with hotmail.

• Why?  I use IE and didn't have any trouble at all closing the dialog by clicking Cancel.

WOMM

• @slavdude said:

Why?  I use IE and didn't have any trouble at all closing the dialog by clicking Cancel.

Well, now I know of at least 2 people who did.  The guy I was talking about said later that it somehow crashed his taskbar, etc, as well.

Not sure why.  This appears to be the whole script:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!-- Distributed by Hypergurl.com!! http://www.hypergurl.com -->
    <!-- Begin
    function testIt() { Response = "";
    while ((Response == "") || (Response == "")){
    Response=prompt ("Who are you?", ""); }
    if (Response != null) alert ("Hello, " + Response + "!"); } // End --> </SCRIPT>

• @Wrathernaut said:

My favorite from the pricing page:

<body bgcolor=pink background=background.jpg onLoad="testIt()">

And is it just me, or are none of his google ads working?

Don't forget, he's even extending html by adding the <foot> tag.

There is a <head> and a <body> tag so there must also be a <legs> and <foot> tag. And not to forget the very important <arms> tag.

• <font size="3">As a web developer/designer, yo see lots of these awful sites, I've captured a couple of them myself, just to remind me of how awful things can really be...

Here is one I captured just recently, to uderstand the full horror of it, you have to view the source: http://pixelcarnage.net/Garbage/horror.html

And now for a little rant... about this bloody forum software!

I de-lurked just a few minutes ago, the first thing I noticed was that its missing half the bloody timezones in Australia, the nearest I could get was +9:30, which is half an hour out here... wtf? Then there is this bloody reply dialog, how long does it need to take to display a simple form so I can type a message? Sure my connection is slow, but then as it said "quick reply" I actually expected a very basic form, not some WYSIWYG crap...

Blah! Perhaps community server should be the next WTF?
    </font>

• @The Wolf said:

<FONT size=3>Here is one I captured just recently, to uderstand the full horror of it, you have to view the source: http://pixelcarnage.net/Garbage/horror.html
    </FONT>

Oh my.  That's a joke, right?

Please tell me it's a joke. *sobs*

• @iwpg said:

@The Wolf said:

<font size="3">Here is one I captured just recently, to uderstand the full horror of it, you have to view the source: http://pixelcarnage.net/Garbage/horror.html
    </font>

Oh my.  That's a joke, right?

Please tell me it's a joke. *sobs*

"WARNING: Not usign Netsace Explorer, pelease download from www.netscape.com"

ummmm.... ok, whatever it said.... wtf? :-P

OMG all the spelling errors

• The author added this comment to explain that it is a joke:
    ----
    <font face="Tahoma" size="3">Note: On August 11th, this site was Dugg by somebody (not me) and it obviously received a lot of traffic as a result.
    </font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="3">Yes, the site is meant as a joke. I had
    bought this domain a while back but haven't had time or a great desire
    to develop it yet so I decided to make it into a joke until I did.
    Although with all the backlinks and such now, I'll probably have to
    keep it as a joke. The sad thing is that most web design companies
    today vary differently from "Modulus Web Design".. sure they may have
    evolved slightly but esseentially the quality is not a whole lot
    different.
    </font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="3">My name is Tyler Cruz
    and I'm a web entrepreneur. I decided that since this site was Dugg, I
    might as well try to stir some traffic to my new site I'm trying to
    promote now: PublisherForums.com.
    It's slogan is "Intelligent Discussion for Web Publishers" and should
    give you an idea what the forum is about. If you're interested in such
    discussion, I'd like to invite you to visit the site.
    </font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="3">Cheers,
    </font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="3">Tyler
    </font>

----

However, I believe this is an embarrased reaction to all the finger pointing and criticism he received during the past few days.

dZ.

• my name is Tyler too, but I don't have a pink blog :(

• Proffesor Cruz has an extremely obnoxious advertising scheme at work here.  I'm happy he's working hard to build a business for himself... but damn. 

• It, um,

it crashed Firefox.

• Also notice the generous sprinkling of made-up tags in the source: <hotmail>, <foot>, etc.

• @jesuswaffle said:

Also notice the generous sprinkling of made-up tags in the source: <hotmail>, <foot>, etc.

And yet no sarcasm tags. Wow.

• @VGR said:

I'd love to submit this awful site to www.webpagesthatsuck.com, but they don't accept pages of web site designers as submissions.

Why do site claiming to be so much better than everyone such as this one tend to be actually sucky too (and filled of ads in addition) ? Pixelized baby thingy + big banner ad + etc... = eyes melting from the Word-made looking site