Phishing WTF

• @dhromed said:

And you'd probably not enjoy Homestuck either. But you can try, of course.

It only takes 4-5 years for a Homestuck fan to explain it to you. Most of it gushing over how many pages and multimedia materials it has while glossing over basic topics like, "who are the characters and what's the premise?" Mainly because the answers are either, "nobody knows", or pure gibberish.

I think it's more "Stockholm Syndrome" than "fanaticism" over that particular comic. When you've spent like 3 years of your life trying to figure something out, you pretty much have to say it's great otherwise it would feel like a waste of time.

Kind of like learning Vi now that I think of it.

• @dhromed said:

@Cassidy said:
    Spot the shameless self-promotion... 
    ?

Ah, it was a minor pisstake. I wanted to imply your sketchings may be on there and you're trying to drive visitors.

Too subtle, weak humour. 

• @Cassidy said:

I wanted to imply your sketchings may be on there

They're not. I don't actually have much fan art of anyway.

• @blakeyrat said:

glossing over basic topics like, "who are the characters and what's the premise?"

Bunch of kids are selected by fate to act as heroes in the traditional eternal battle between good/evil, but things go pearshaped and it turns into game of mostly tactics between the heroes and a harbinger of chaos.

There. That's it. That's all there is.

If you've read The Hero With A Thousand Faces or know something about that idea, you can probably point to more such elements (in any story), but that's the nutshell version.

I like to distance myself from rabid fanboisim. I just like the comic, and, being an amateur illustrator, I enjoy things like that mspa booru.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Severity One said:

@blakeyrat said:

The entire Internet has "talk like a pirate day". Where have you been for the last 4 years? Another stasis chamber leaked open, and you just arrived from 1998?
    Must have been "dress like a pirate day" then.

And still no "rape like a pirate day".

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@dhromed said:

And you'd probably not enjoy Homestuck either.

No one enjoys Homestruck.

Might I suggest [url="http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail143.html"]Homestar Runner[/url] instead?

•  Homestar got old quickly.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@dhromed said:

Homestar got old quickly.

Must be the lack of pirate rape.

•  arrrr

And donuts in my size.