Sketch it out, put it on a wooden table...

• sketch it up, put it on a wooden table...

Got emailed this design directly from a client for a web project last week. We ended up working out all the details at my place over the weekend. She's pretty cute, so I guess it worked out all right in the end... 🙂

• Mixing business with pleasure?

• @Monomelodies said:

She's pretty cute, so I guess it worked out all right in the end... 🙂
    Only if you got actual pleasure out of it. Otherwise, it was just unpaid overtime. Or is any girl's attention good enough for you?

• @TGV said:

Otherwise, it was just unpaid overtime.

Technically, I AM getting paid for it, and pretty well (though the invoice is outstanding... makes mental note to follow up on that this week). And we had sushi.

@TGV said:

Or is any girl's attention good enough for you?

Certainly not 🙂 This is my current favourite client.

• @Monomelodies said:

Certainly not 🙂 This is my current favourite client.

Tell her I'll subcontract the 4 blank boxes on the left really cheap. I do blank boxes very well. 

• @Monomelodies said:

@TGV said:
    Technically, I AM getting paid for it, and pretty well ...
    That's the real WTF: web designers getting well paid. They should be paid less than a garbage collector.

• @TGV said:

@Monomelodies said:
    @TGV said:
    Technically, I AM getting paid for it, and pretty well ...
    That's the real WTF: web designers getting well paid. They should be paid less than a garbage collector.
    Is that the new business model for Java that Oracle is putting in place: asking people for money in order to run the garbage collection?

• @TGV said:

Apart from the facts that
    a) I'm not a web designer, my company programs the damn thing, and
    b) where I live, garbage collectors apparently get paid pretty well since, well, it's a job nobody really wants to do;

...one has to wonder: what makes you think that? Most web designers are crap at it, sure, but why shouldn't the good ones get well paid?

• @Monomelodies said:

Most web designers are crap at it, sure, but why shouldn't the good ones get well paid?

Good ones are few and far between. It's bad ones commanding a huge contracting fee for vomiting standards-violating inconsistent dogshite into a DocumentRoot that need a good learning from the cluebat.

Worse still are fuckwitted PHBs that are distracted by customer-hostile glitz all to quick to sign the payment off.

.. and they also need danger money for dealing with some clients...

• @Cassidy said:

Good ones are few and far between.

True that. But I find that goes for a lot of people in general. Most just suck at what they do or are at best mediocre.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.