Please don't screw me

• I just found this beauty on stackoverflow:

This guys trys to send email through gmail, but has some dificulties.
    While explainging his efford, he blindly copy/pastes the source of his program, including gmail credentials.
    This is quite a awsome wtf to begin with, but the best is:
    When someone tells hime to be carefull with these thing, he sais: "i doesn't mention my gmail username and password anywhere in my code.it is possible for send mail in java"
    He doens't even know!
    He changed the post now, but I was there when he just posted it, and it was his actual password!

• Smart guy :/

I flagged it because the password is still in the clear if you take a look at revisions.

• And he should maybe do a course in English...

no.i have delivery the mail in my inbox.but in my code below line i have mentioned username and password of my mailid.that line i doesn't mention username and password at the same time my mail is delivery on my mail inbox.any other possible way is available here. return new PasswordAuthentication("xxxxx@gmail.com","xxxx!1"

•  Not all people around the world english speak. This have not fun making of this guy. I have my best to do english speak two, it have not easy :D

• That is ok as long as you are do the necessary.

•  @tchize said:

Not all people around the world english speak. This have not fun making of this guy. I have my best to do english speak two, it have not easy :D

There you say me something

• The real WTF is including credentials into code/executables.

Here's another example I stumbled upon the week http://crashreporterdotnet.codeplex.com/documentation

It suggests obfuscating the executable. So far about false sense of security.

• @Thomfox said:

The real WTF is including credentials into code/executables.

Here's another example I stumbled upon the week http://crashreporterdotnet.codeplex.com/documentation

It suggests obfuscating the executable. So far about false sense of security.

To be fair, it also suggests creating a new Gmail account.

It's pretty tough to authenticate against a service requiring a shared secret if you're not allowed to remember that secret.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.