@TODO

• I'm trying to communicate with a third-party web API. Using their samples, the API calls only give me this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Error Loading Application</title>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
    </head>
    <body>
    <!-- @todo replace this with a real error page with a reasonable and/or helpful message -->
    </body>
    </html>

• That's a more helpful error message than I'm used to dealing with.

• My guess is the clue is in the title: the application hasn't loaded. Perhaps they start an application per user or per port or whatever, and the samples of course refer to a non-existing resource. But, a better error message would inspire more confidence.

• @mott555 said:

I'm trying to communicate with a third-party web API. Using their samples, the API calls only give me this:
    Having to currently deal with a 3rd-party API, I can say this: fire them.  Immediately.

• @Sutherlands said:

@mott555 said:
    I'm trying to communicate with a third-party web API. Using their samples, the API calls only give me this:
    Having to currently deal with a 3rd-party API, I can say this: fire them.  Immediately.

Unfortunately, this is a 3rd-party API that a paying client has required us to work with. 3rd party apparently has a monopoly on a certain type of data that paying client wants access to through our application.

• I like that they allow the possibility of adding a reasonable message that isn't helpful at all. (Our intern Ted who manages this is on vacation this week.) Or! A helpful message that isn't reasonable. (Unplug your computer and go to Cancun to unwind!)