@TODO

• I'm trying to communicate with a third-party web API. Using their samples, the API calls only give me this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Error Loading Application</title>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
    </head>
    <body>
    <!-- @todo replace this with a real error page with a reasonable and/or helpful message -->
    </body>
    </html>

• That's a more helpful error message than I'm used to dealing with.

• My guess is the clue is in the title: the application hasn't loaded. Perhaps they start an application per user or per port or whatever, and the samples of course refer to a non-existing resource. But, a better error message would inspire more confidence.

• @mott555 said:

I'm trying to communicate with a third-party web API. Using their samples, the API calls only give me this:
    Having to currently deal with a 3rd-party API, I can say this: fire them.  Immediately.

• @Sutherlands said:

@mott555 said:
    I'm trying to communicate with a third-party web API. Using their samples, the API calls only give me this:
    Having to currently deal with a 3rd-party API, I can say this: fire them.  Immediately.

Unfortunately, this is a 3rd-party API that a paying client has required us to work with. 3rd party apparently has a monopoly on a certain type of data that paying client wants access to through our application.

• I like that they allow the possibility of adding a reasonable message that isn't helpful at all. (Our intern Ted who manages this is on vacation this week.) Or! A helpful message that isn't reasonable. (Unplug your computer and go to Cancun to unwind!)

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.