Cannot access title bar of an app

• I just downloaded an application. when I open the window the majority of it is shown, taking up my whole screen. however the title bar as well as some tabs below it are not shown, and it is not able to scroll up or down although it should. When I scroll the mouse over it on the taskbar and it shows a little thumbnail of it, showing the tabs that are supposed to be there. I have tried going into the properties and getting it to to open minimized or maximized but that doesn't make it open any differently. I haven't been able to find much advice from the author of the app or elsewhere on in internet. anybody have any ideas? would be greatly appreciated.

1. If you're using Windows 7, just point your mouse at the edge of the screen (inside the window) and keep moving it up; the window will move accordingly.

2. Alt+Space (or right-click the thumbnail from the taskbar) to get to the window menu, choose Move. The press any arrow on the keyboard, then move it with the mouse. Click to release.

• thanks for the reply. couldn't get it to work. I know what you mean with alt space to get to the window menu (i've tried it on other apps,) but for some reason i'm gettin no response when doing it on this app. any other ideas? if i could just get it open in a minimized view or something i should be able to access the whole window.

• You wanna name-and-shame the app? Maybe someone here has used the same app before.

If the alt-space trick doesn't work, the app is probably using some custom windowing library, and God knows what bugs are in that.

• You can try this trick from Task Manager.

• @barfoo said:

You can try this trick from Task Manager.
    I read that and followed the "Stupid Geek Tricks: Secret Items on the Windows 7 Send To Menu" link to read on, learning that I could go to shell:sendto to add custom options to the Send To context menu.

This was the first comment:

"A friend of mine taught me a cool trick of creating a shortcut to the sendo folder in the sendto folder. This way you can send shortcuts on the desktop or anywhere else to the sendto folder without having to open the sendto folder. I use this for adding application shortcuts so I can send files to portable applications."
    ... Ow, my head...

•  Maybe altdrag would work?

• @Adanine said:

@barfoo said:

You can try this trick from Task Manager.
    I read that and followed the "Stupid Geek Tricks: Secret Items on the Windows 7 Send To Menu" link to read on, learning that I could go to shell:sendto to add custom options to the Send To context menu.

This was the first comment:

"A friend of mine taught me a cool trick of creating a shortcut to the sendo folder in the sendto folder. This way you can send shortcuts on the desktop or anywhere else to the sendto folder without having to open the sendto folder. I use this for adding application shortcuts so I can send files to portable applications."
    ... Ow, my head...

Yo dawg, I heard you like sendto so we put sendto in your sendto... etc.

• if Win7 (or vista? not sure) hover over the taskbar icon until the aero peek pops up, then move the mouse to the peek window and right-click and select 'move' and you can then use the arrow keys to move the window.

If move is greyed out, try hitting 'restore' first, then you can move it.

• Oh, wait, that's not Aero Peek, wrong name. Whatever the name is for the mini-window that pops up when you hover over the taskbar icon.