WTF Hosting



  • A certain hosting company whose first part of their name starts with an alias for earth and last part is mark... can't think of a good synonym. They are owned by a large communications company whose name starts with a V... many of you have cell phone service with them.

    Any way, not being a lamp expert or even a server admin and having a consultant do a hand over and leave before my first push, I thought to myself, hey I better make a back up of Production before I do anything. As expected, I fuck things up, but it's okay because I start up my back up, configure the ip, and bam, everything is golden.  FYI, we are not live yet.

    Time to mess around again, but before I do, better make a copy. WELL the copy option is now grayed out!

    I call support, the first drone has no idea what is going on, I hear him ask his associate if he can trade. I get transfered, say hello, here a response say hi. No further conversation, so I assume the guy is fixing my issue. After about 20 minutes I ask, "So what's going on with my issue?"

    The reponse, "I don't know. My tickets are not being answered."

     "I don't give a fuck about your tickets, fix my problem."

    "Wait, is this WTF Hosting?"

    "No but I'm on the phone with WTF Hosting... we both better call back."

    Call back, this time the guy is at least cemi-competant. After a few minutes he says, "Well you should of messed with the copy not the original."

    FUCK YOU ASSHOLE! There was no message saying that. And it's a god damn digital copy so they are supposed to be identical, why would it freaking matter?!


    Pulling out my hair!



  • Hi, this is customer support.  Sorry, I don't know how to fix your problem.  Let me connect you with another user who is also on hold, and maybe the two of you can figure it out.



  • @this_code_sucks said:

    After about 20 minutes

    So you just stood there, for 20 minutes, waiting on a silent phone?



  • @atipico said:

    @this_code_sucks said:
    After about 20 minutes

    So you just stood there, for 20 minutes, waiting on a silent phone?

    The first WTF I saw was going out of the way to obfuscate a company's details.  I've looked and I don't see any type of ToS on this site.

    The second WTF is waiting 20 minutes without getting (or asking) for any feedback regarding the issue.

    The third WTF is not even confirming that the guy you were transferred to even had a clue as to your problem.  You ALWAYS have to repeat yourself, in detail, for every new person who picks up.

    The fourth is thinking that cussing out a CS rep is going to have any impact other than an "accidental" disconnection.

    I could go on, but whats the point. 



  •  The fifth is, perhaps, the inability to run a spell check.



  • @NotHere said:

    @atipico said:

    @this_code_sucks said:
    After about 20 minutes

    So you just stood there, for 20 minutes, waiting on a silent phone?

    The first WTF I saw was going out of the way to obfuscate a company's details.  I've looked and I don't see any type of ToS on this site.

    The second WTF is waiting 20 minutes without getting (or asking) for any feedback regarding the issue.

    The third WTF is not even confirming that the guy you were transferred to even had a clue as to your problem.  You ALWAYS have to repeat yourself, in detail, for every new person who picks up.

    The fourth is thinking that cussing out a CS rep is going to have any impact other than an "accidental" disconnection.

    I could go on, but whats the point. 

    Never cussed out anyone nor actually waited 20 whole minutes... ever hear of literary exageration?



  •  Literary exaggeration would imply a certain amount of literacy.



  • @Severity One said:

     Literary exaggeration would imply a certain amount of literacy.

    Sorry, but I am a little pissed as my server is still not cloned... might be affecting my typing...



  • @atipico said:

    @this_code_sucks said:
    After about 20 minutes

    So you just stood there, for 20 minutes, waiting on a silent phone?

     

    I'm sure he was just "using the internet" in the meantime. And we all know what the internet is for.



  • @TGV said:

    @atipico said:

    @this_code_sucks said:
    After about 20 minutes

    So you just stood there, for 20 minutes, waiting on a silent phone?

     

    I'm sure he was just "using the internet" in the meantime. And we all know what the internet is for.

    You got it :)



  • @this_code_sucks said:

    @TGV said:

    I'm sure he was just "using the internet" in the meantime. And we all know what the internet is for.

    You got it :)

     

    That's certainly one of the strangest reactions to hold music there ever was...

     



  • @this_code_sucks said:

    Never cussed out anyone nor actually waited 20 whole minutes... ever hear of literary exageration?

    Sure I have. However, you might consider a different approach in the future with your hyperbole. Maybe try one that doesn't make you look like an abusive fool.



  • @NotHere said:

    @this_code_sucks said:
    Never cussed out anyone nor actually waited 20 whole minutes... ever hear of literary exageration?

    Sure I have. However, you might consider a different approach in the future with your hyperbole. Maybe try one that doesn't make you look like an abusive fool.

     Perhaps I should; but you must be able to understand my frustration. My company pays a large sum of money for hosting and yet this issue is still not fixed. Additionally, before I begged to be sent to teir two; they gave me the run around several more times, tried to get me to delete my servers, and resorted to openly mocking me.

    So my apologies for venting my rage at no one in particular on this forum instead of at the people who caused it or one of my coworkers; I now clearly see that it was a mistake.



  • @this_code_sucks said:

    So my apologies for venting my rage at no one in particular on this forum instead of at the people who caused it or one of my coworkers; I now clearly see that it was a mistake.

    You can vent your rage without making up stories.



  • @this_code_sucks said:

    My company pays a large sum of money for hosting...
     

    Yeah, I see.

     @this_code_sucks said:

    ...and yet this issue is still not fixed. Additionally, before I begged to be sent to teir two; they gave me the run around several more times, tried to get me to delete my servers, and resorted to openly mocking me.

    Ok. I guess I found TRWTF.

    Untill you can write that first part of the sentence in the past tense, you should try to stop being TRWTF, instead of just making your hair suffer.



  • @Sutherlands said:

    @this_code_sucks said:
    So my apologies for venting my rage at no one in particular on this forum instead of at the people who caused it or one of my coworkers; I now clearly see that it was a mistake.

    You can vent your rage without making up stories.

    Probably. But without the made up stories, it's a lot less amusing for this forum. Like, who hasn't slammed down the phone and yelled exactly that sort of thing at the idiot who was on the other end.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @this_code_sucks said:

    Never cussed out anyone nor actually waited 20 whole minutes... ever hear of literary exageration?

    And that would be #6. Misspelling "exaggeration" is #7.


Log in to reply

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.