That's the first place you look



  • From the global.asp file for our Initrode2008 project:

    strConnect = "driver={SQL Server};server=" & s & ";uid=" & u & ";pwd=" & p & ";database=Initrode2007"

    Apparently Smith the Horse works here.



  • As usual, I think I'm missing something obvious...



  • @C-Octothorpe said:

    As usual, I think I'm missing something obvious...

    @Horse Wiki said:
    Smith the Horse, a recurring character in the Ultima series, is a talking horse  . . . . 
    He has a predilection for sarcasm, but tries to give vital information.
    This advice . . . . .  is ultimately
    useless to the Avatar since it always relates to the hero's previous adventure.

     



  • @C-Octothorpe said:

    As usual, I think I'm missing something obvious...

     

    @curtmack said:



    From the global.asp file for our Initrode<font color="red">2008</font> project:

    strConnect = "driver={SQL Server};server=" & s & ";uid=" & u & ";pwd=" & p & ";database=Initrode<font color="red">2007</font>"

    Apparently Smith the Horse works here.

    That help?

    								    </div>
    								    
    								    </div><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>


  • @curtmack said:

    @C-Octothorpe said:

    As usual, I think I'm missing something obvious...

     

    @curtmack said:

    From the global.asp file for our Initrode<FONT color=red>2008</FONT> project:

    strConnect = "driver={SQL Server};server=" & s & ";uid=" & u & ";pwd=" & p & ";database=Initrode<FONT color=red>2007</FONT>"

    Apparently Smith the Horse works here.

    That help?

    If that was the WTF, then no, I didn't miss that.  I guess I was expecting something more WTF-ey.



  • @C-Octothorpe said:

    I guess I was expecting something more WTF-ey.
    You must be new here.



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @C-Octothorpe said:

    I guess I was expecting something more WTF-ey.
    You must be new here.

    Odd.  That's what my wife says whenever I try to agrue with her.

    *rimshot*



  • @C-Octothorpe said:

    Odd.  That's what my wife says whenever I try to agrue with her.

    Agrue: To simultaneously argue and agree with someone, in the dark, where you will probably be eaten.

     



  • The WTF is that there's no "x" on the end of that ".asp".

    Smith the Horse? Seriously? How about M'aiq the Liar, buddy? Welcome to the 21st century.



  • @curtmack said:

    From the global.asp file for our Initrode2008 project:

    strConnect = "driver={SQL Server};server=" & s & ";uid=" & u & ";pwd=" & p & ";database=Initrode2007"

    Apparently Smith the Horse works here.

    You've got a classic ASP application, using ODBC, with a hardcoded database name, and not using Windows authentication and the only WTF you see is a typo in the database name?


  • @Jaime said:

    @curtmack said:

    From the global.asp file for our Initrode2008 project:

    strConnect = "driver={SQL Server};server=" & s & ";uid=" & u & ";pwd=" & p & ";database=Initrode2007"

    Apparently Smith the Horse works here.

    You've got a classic ASP application, using ODBC, with a hardcoded database name, and not using Windows authentication and the only WTF you see is a typo in the database name?
     

    It's our legacy app. We phased it out in 2008 (or somewhere thereabouts). Nobody uses it anymore, but we do still have to get data from it, hence the databases still being alive. The latest version uses all the fancy new technologies you'd expect.

     



  • If the worst WTF you can find is "a legacy app nobody uses didn't have a name updated to the correct year" you must work at a pretty great place.



  • I get it! The WTF is connection strings, right?


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.