DDoS Network Managers susceptible to SQL-Injection

• http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/08/ddos-take-down-manual/ 

"By targeting SQL injection flaws in the software—which is sold for thousands of dollars in underground forums—counter-attackers can commandeer the master control servers..."

• @From the article said:

It remains unclear just how easy it is to locate the server address of a Dirt Jumper C&C, although it wouldn't be surprising if the software transmits a unique signature that can be detected using port-scanning software or other tools. What's more, using pilfered credentials to access someone else's account may be illegal, depending on where the hacker and DDoS server are located. Readers are encouraged to seek competent legal advice before trying any of the techniques described here.

So basically to do this, one just needs to locate the server, physically enter the location where it is hosted (with the approval of the owner), then deploy this software. Fool-proof.

• @zelmak said:

"By targeting SQL injection flaws in the software—which is sold for thousands of dollars in underground forums—counter-attackers can commandeer the master control servers..."

It's all rigged and a plot of the actual developers of the software. Paying customers will get their update fair and square, no problem. Customers who run cracked copies are either not secured or will have to pay for an update to the software.

• @Speakerphone Dude said:

So basically to do this, one just needs to locate the server, physically enter the location where it is hosted (with the approval of the owner), then deploy this software. Fool-proof.
    You're kidding me aren't you?!??!?!

• A couple weeks ago I noticed the logging service for our firewall might have an injection vulnerability when it encountered an IP where the reverse dns returned "don't use" as its domain name. I don't know where to begin.