Things that go through your mind

• @Cassidy said:

@dhromed said:

Is this about that weird "sherlock" series

As now explained, no..... but coming back to that point - get the BBC Sherlock, season 1. You'll like it.

I get the feeling that he's already dead and that it's all told via flashbacks and story-in-story, or am I wrong?

• @dhromed said:

I get the feeling that he's already dead and that it's all told via flashbacks and story-in-story, or am I wrong?

You are wrong, but nobody understands why until the next season in 2013...

•  I don't get what you just said and I like it.

• @flabdablet said:

Is this in real time?

Or it's clock interrupt?

Caught in a VM,

No escape to reality.

• @Cassidy said:

@dhromed said:

As now explained, no..... but coming back to that point - get the BBC Sherlock, season 1. You'll like it.

Very good series. Having read all the books, I find that even if this version takes place in modern days it is actually much closer to the spirit of the character. Sherlock Holmes was never meant to be a charming yet slightly impatient fellow, he is supposed to be unpleasant and arrogant (and very smart of course).

• @Speakerphone Dude said:

@Cassidy said:

@dhromed said:

Very good series. Having read all the books, I find that even if this version takes place in modern days it is actually much closer to the spirit of the character. Sherlock Holmes was never meant to be a charming yet slightly impatient fellow, he is supposed to be unpleasant and arrogant (and very smart of course).

The greatest unsolved mystery is how you can call something a series that only lasts for three episodes.

• @da Doctah said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:

@Cassidy said:

@dhromed said:

The greatest unsolved mystery is how you can call something a series that only lasts for three episodes.

That's typical for UK tv. They either have horrible soaps that are on every day for 50 years or a few good (mini)series with just a handful of episodes. I blame football soccer.

• @Speakerphone Dude said:

@da Doctah said:
    @Speakerphone Dude said:
    @Cassidy said:
    @dhromed said:
    That's typical for UK tv. They either have horrible soaps that are on every day for 50 years or a few good (mini)series with just a handful of episodes. I blame football soccer.
    At the rate the UK is going with the length of their series it is only a matter of time that their series will only contain 1 episode a season.

• @Anketam said:

At the rate the UK is going with the length of their series it is only a matter of time that their series will only contain 1 episode a season.

But that 5 hour episode will be utterly spectacular!

• @da Doctah said:

The greatest unsolved mystery is how you can call something a series that only lasts for three episodes

Simples. A series "will contain n episodes".

HBO.n is in (6, 10, 12, 24)

UK.n is simply >1. 

• @Xyro said:

@Anketam said:
    And then they will create a special term for the 5 hour single episode.  I know!  Call it a movie. Sadly enough they might think they are being innovative and creative. 

• @Anketam said:

@Xyro said:
    @Anketam said:
    And then they will create a special term for the 5 hour single episode.  I know!  Call it a movie. Sadly enough they might think they are being innovative and creative. 

Don't be silly. Movies don't have seasons.

• @Xyro said:

Movies don't have seasons.

No, but they do have series as any Godzilla or James Bond fan can tell you.

• @Anketam said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:

@da Doctah said:

Guess I'm still a little tender after setting aside time five years ago to follow a "series" that lasted two weeks.

• @Xyro said:

The first one? Yes, probably. It was very early in the show, before they really got good at the whole TNG thing.

The followup? Surely not! It has Barclay in it! All Barclay episodes are awesome.

Especially the one where he's piloting the shuttlecraft and Picard drugs Worf and throws him aboard, because the Klingon insists he ain't getting on no plane wit dat crazy fool.