Heading4, Repeatable Content Block, Insert Image Here

• :belt_onion:

The team from MyGet is providing a new source of daily entertainment. First they send out mails saying my free unlimited subscription has expired and then follow it up with a mail containing placeholder text

Oh well, it's just a beta so it's OK, right?

• Perhaps it's a marketing ploy.

1. Make error

2. Apologize

3. ?

4. Profit!

• @bjolling said:

a mail containing placeholder text

looks like the only mail template they have is for a newsletter that has at least two items, and they were too lazy to bother to do it any proper way, so they just took that template and stuck the text into the <?=$newletter_intro?>.

@MyGet said:

chances are 100% that you've experienced our case of the Mondays...

at least they're sincere about it... kind of.

@TGV said:

Perhaps it's a marketing ploy.

1. Make error

2. Apologize

3. ?

4. Profit!

3a. Get someone to post it on TDWTF to generate more visibility to their product

• @bjolling said:

The team from MyGet is providing a new source of daily entertainment. First they send out mails saying my free unlimited subscription has expired and then follow it up with a mail containing placeholder text

Mail?!

God, how I hate it when my language is misused.

I'll bet you are no older that 25. Right?

@SilentRunner said:

@bjolling said:

Mail?!

No, it was originally a mail containing a link "View this mail in HTML". The easiest way to share the content of the mail was to share this link. What did you expect? The password to my mailbox?

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@bjolling said:

@SilentRunner said:
    @bjolling said:
    [...]a mail containing placeholder text[...]

Mail?!

What did you expect?

Just a guess, but 'email' instead of 'mail' in your OP.

@PJH said:

@bjolling said:
    @SilentRunner said:
    @bjolling said:
    [...]a mail containing placeholder text[...]

Mail?!

What did you expect?

Just a guess, but 'email' instead of 'mail' in your OP.
    Thx for clarifying PJH. Can't believe some people here sometimes
    @http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/183816/e-mail said:
    e-mail, in full electronic [b]mail[/b], messages transmitted and received by digital computers through a network. An e-mail system allows computer users on a network to send text, graphics, and sometimes sounds and animated images to other users.

Electronic mail is a form of mail, like air mail or snail mail are other forms of mail. Since for my OP I only cared about the content and not about what particular delivery system was used, I used the more generic term

Should I include a class diagram in UML?

• BINNED

@bjolling said:

Electronic mail is a form of mail, like air mail or snail mail are other forms of mail.

True, but those of us who can remember a time when all mail had postmarks assume that if you just say "mail" without any qualifiers, you mean the type that gets brought to your house by someone in an unfashionable uniform. Hence the "You must be under 25" remark.

• Considered Harmful

I'm guessing whoever was using the WYSIWYG email editor thought those content blocks were watermark content hints that wouldn't actually show up unless the content was changed.

• LOL... loving this because it's true... people under 25 don't know the meaning of mail. This is true even of people who work at the phucking post office! I don't remember what talk show I saw this on, but they had a lady there who was "representing" the US Postal Service, and they basically asked her "why should anybody use mail anymore when we have fax machines, email, Facebook, etc....?"

Guess what her answer was... SECURITY. I blame her age - she was a young lady obviously designed to look good on TV... possibly it's a corporate line or something. I was just stunned though... mail is not secure (not when compared with email and fax machines), and she completely missed the fact that email and fax machines don't send a physical object. She missed the critical difference between the two things, AND the thing she said was incorrect.

• What is this.

• @jasmine2501 said:

I don't remember what talk show I saw this on, but they had a lady there who was "representing" the US Postal Service, and they basically asked her "why should anybody use mail anymore when we have fax machines, email, Facebook, etc....?"

Guess what her answer was... SECURITY.

Maybe she meant: JOB security. (for her)

@PedanticCurmudgeon said:

@bjolling said:

Electronic mail is a form of mail, like air mail or snail mail are other forms of mail.

True, but those of us who can remember a time when all mail had postmarks assume that if you just say "mail" without any qualifiers, you mean the type that gets brought to your house by someone in an unfashionable uniform.
    Of course you are correct but here in Belgium lots of people use the word 'mail' in conversations in their mothertongue to refer to 'e-mail'. Personally I use 'e-mail' to talk about the service and 'mail' for the actual message.... sending a mail via e-mail... if that makes sense. But this habit badly translates back to English I noticed :)

We don't have our own word for 'e-mail' but if we would discuss regular mail in our day-to-day lives I'd use Dutch words like 'post' or 'brief' and my French speaking colleagues would say 'courrier' so there would never be any confusion. In France they do have their own word for e-mail: 'courriel'. They really hate anything that could pollute their pure and perfect language :)

@SilentRunner said:

Look at my avatar. I first played that game when I was 13 or 14 when the game was only a few years old.

@bjolling said:

See, it's a lot better written than the WTFs on TDWTF and apparently on a fixed schedule as well :)

http://blog.myget.org/post/2012/07/02/Site-issues-on-July-2nd-2012.aspx

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@bjolling said:

http://blog.myget.org/post/2012/07/02/Site-issues-on-July-2nd-2012.aspx
    Hmm.. @MyGet said:
    Now why were there 16.000 messages unprocessed...
    Doesn't seem that bad if there was only 16 unprocessed messages.

Why they had to give the number to 3dp is a mystery though...