My new favorite rant

• I see your rant and raise it by +1 febrile.

(yeah, it's an old one...)

• Is there a setup to that or...?

It's hard to get into it without knowing what exactly she (allegedly) did.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

Yes. I assume that the trip was meant to be with his mistress, but the agent talked to his wife about it. Or vice versa. It wasn't a very creative rant.

• Someone needs to explain to me why only some youtube videos have some of the features.Neither of the linked videos have that thumbnail-hover on the progressbar, which is truly an awesome and fairly recent feature.

• @dhromed said:

Someone needs to explain to me why only some youtube videos have some of the features.Neither of the linked videos have that thumbnail-hover on the progressbar, which is truly an awesome and fairly recent feature.

None of the videos I post have that either. My theory was that that's cached by a process that only runs like once a month? Or ... something? I really have no clue. Maybe only YouTube partners get it?

• @blakeyrat said:

Is there a setup to that or...?

I just liked the ending:

"I don't apprectiate being spoken to like that"

"Well then you're really going to hate this . . . . "

I'm looking forward to using that on someone one of these days.

•  I watched the video just now and what the hell was that?

ERROR MISSING CONTEXT
    ERROR MISSING SETUP
    ERROR MISSING CHARACTER SYMPATHY

0/0 FUNNY

You're slipping, Heffe. You used to be alright. What happened?

• @El_Heffe said:

I just liked the ending:

"I don't apprectiate being spoken to like that"

"Well then you're really going to hate this . . . . "

I'm looking forward to using that on someone one of these days.

Loved that too.

It reminds me of a scene in a french movie you surely don't know about (Les trois frères), which could be (summarized+translated) approximately like that :

Setup :
    Character 1 : A bailiff (chosen the good word ? legal someone coming at your home for unpaid bills, selling arbitrarily your stuff to find the money needed by your creditors)
    Character 2 : The *victim* of the bailiff, totally upset (as often in this type of situation)

Victim : (talking/whispering, half hoping to be heard, half hoping not to) « Son of a bitch, fucking evil job you have... »
    Bailiff : « How dare you talk to me like this ! Insulting a sworn bailiff is illegal and will cost you 100 € ! »
    Victim : « 100 € you say ? Really ? If so I'll happily spend 500 € now. Hear this. »
    Victim : « You asshole, rotten son of a pig, moron, asshat, ... » (pick your own idiomatic insults, these things translate so bad)

I loved how he litterally *bought* this great (though expensive) pleasure.

I can't access youtube from work but I'll try to find the scene and post the link tonight from home. Not sure english speakers will die laughing from seeing that, but after Dhromed's post having killed the thread on foot, that shouldn't hurt.

• @dhromed said:

That's precisely the funny point... seeing the suffering of a character for which you have sympathy wouldn't have been so funny. Or is it just me ? Btw, your two other errors are in fact warnings.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@dhromed said:

0/0 FUNNY

Jesus fucking christ, doesn't anyone check for DIV BY ZERO errors anymore? Any you put it straight into production you fucking fuck fucker.

• @toshir0 said:

@dhromed said:

That's precisely the funny point... seeing the suffering of a character for which you have sympathy wouldn't have been so funny. Or is it just me ? Btw, your two other errors are in fact warnings.

Sympathy for the dude.

• @Lorne Kates said:

@dhromed said:

0/0 FUNNY

Jesus fucking christ, doesn't anyone check for DIV BY ZERO errors anymore? Any you put it straight into production you fucking fuck fucker.

lol NaN

• @dhromed said:

Sympathy for the dude.
    Precisely the point I was hoping to make. He's obviously an asshole and seeing him suffer didn't hurt me...

• @dhromed said:

@Lorne Kates said:
    @dhromed said:
    0/0 FUNNY
     lol NaN
    dhromed nailed it.  In C# 0/0 does not throw an exception :P

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Anketam said:

In C# 0/0 does not throw an exception :P

What the fuck C# are you using?

int zero = 0;

response.write(zero / zero); //  [DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.]<font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif "></font>

• @Lorne Kates said:

What the fuck C# are you using?
    He obviously meant Javascript C#

• @dhromed said:

I watched the video just now and what the hell was that?

ERROR MISSING CONTEXT
    ERROR MISSING SETUP

0/0 FUNNY

You're slipping, Heffe. You used to be alright. What happened?

(a) The "context/setup" is scattered throughout the episode over the first 15-20 minutes.

(b) In this case, context is irrelevant.  It struck me as a funny rant that stands by itself.

(3) Which reminds me of one of my pet peeves.  You tell someone a story, and you end with the punchline . . . "So I said to him, that was no lady, that was my wife."   And the idiot you're talking to says "And what did he say?"   WTF?  The punchline is the end of the story.  It's the whole point of the story.   Nobody gives a fuck what the other guy said after that.   The story isn't about what he said.  The whole point of the story is my witty rejoinder.  Seriously, WTF.

• I must say, this forum got lost of pretty awesome people. Much more like reddit.

• @Guzmanology said:

I must say, this forum got lost of pretty awesome people.

Check down the back of the sofa. Stuff's dropping down there all the time.

@Guzmanology said:

Much more like reddit.

They reddit. We didit.

No comparison.