Compiler shortcoming?

• compiler should see infinite loop during compile time and at the very least issue one warning or error to the person engage in process of compilation.

None of modern compilers is doing this, as much as I know. Do you know any compiler that is doing this?

• @Nagesh said:

None of modern compilers is doing this, as much as I know. Do you know any compiler that is doing this?

Visual Studio will warn you if you take too long to respond to GUI messages. So, if one of your event handlers enters into an infinite loop, then presumably you would get that warning.

Of course, Visual Studio is really more of a "postmodern" development tool than a "modern" one. "Modern" implies a certain optimism for the future, a conviction that the ways of the past were sub-par but also that they could - and would- be improved upon.

"Postmodern" is a better description for Visual Studio. It implies a sort of cynical pastiche, characterized by bathos and a failure to edit or make value judgments. It's a late 20th century mode of thinking: "Don't tell Scotty we don't need ASP.NET MVC... just hang it up on the refrigerator next to Ray Ozzie's distributed computing fingerpainting." The result is a disjointed collection of bad ideas (like the one your originally posted).

• bridget,

much of your post is going over my head.

@bridget99 said:

"Postmodern" is a better description for Visual Studio. It implies a sort of cynical pastiche, characterized by bathos and a failure to edit or make value judgments. It's a late 20th century mode of thinking: "Don't tell Scotty we don't need ASP.NET MVC... just hang it up on the refrigerator next to Ray Ozzie's distributed computing fingerpainting." The result is a disjointed collection of bad ideas (like the one your originally posted).

what is meaning of this? did you want to write "yours truly" instead of "your"?