Get it from the db

• @PedanticCurmudgeon said:

@blakeyrat said:
    I want to participate in a forum full of human beings*, not robot automatons who don't understand these strange human concepts like "humor" or "not being a pedantic dickweed".
    Wait...are you saying you don't have to be a pedantic dickweed to post here?

Of course, 99% of the usages of EITHER term in this forum are incorrect...but it might be considered pedantic to point out why....

(Is blakey's head starting to show signs of explosion? The hack on his webcam seems to have been disabled....)

• @TheCPUWizard said:

Of course, 99% of the usages of EITHER term in this forum are incorrect...

What? I sincerely doubt that. There have been some uses of "pedantic" which strained the definition, but most of the uses I've seen have been spot on. As for "dickweed", it's an insult; it's kind of hard to use it wrong.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@TheCPUWizard said:
    What? I sincerely doubt that. There have been some uses of "pedantic" which strained the definition, but most of the uses I've seen have been spot on. As for "dickweed", it's an insult; it's kind of hard to use it wrong.

Either he's making stuff up or you're an idiot.

• @Sutherlands said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@TheCPUWizard said:

One can easily use insults incorrectly consider Urban Dictionary:

1) A completely self-absorbed, useless asshole with s--t for brains;

2) A person so irredeemably stupid that their idiotic behavior causes pain to everyone that they interact with.

So a "highly self-absorbed" person, or a person use has some use, or a complete ass with brains (perhaps in a different area) does not qualify for definition #1. A person commits "idiotic behavior which causes pain to everyone" but does so for reasons other than "irredeemable stupidity" doe not meet definition #2 (nor does idiotic behaviour caused by irredeemable stupidity, unless it causes pain to *everyone* that they interact with).

• @Sutherlands said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@TheCPUWizard said:

Wha?

• @TheCPUWizard said:

Oh boy, let's cite Urban Dictionary.. Seriously, though, insults have extremely broad allowances in their usage. For example, an "asshole" may not actually be someone's anus, but might just be a guy you don't like.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@TheCPUWizard said:

Oh boy, let's cite Urban Dictionary.. Seriously, though, insults have extremely broad allowances in their usage. For example, an "asshole" may not actually be someone's anus, but might just be a guy you don't like.

100% agreement it is a horrible source to site...but I searched any couldn't find anything that I did not consider even worse...if you have a better one, please suggest...

I disagree with the general premise of "insults have extremely broad allowances in their usage". Look at the people who were well known (and often well respected) for their insults [Don Rickles spings to mind]. his insults were precise and on target. With so many appropriate insults to choose from, why not pick one that fits, unless one is lazy, ignorant (as in not knowing), etc... ?????  A really good insult can take time to prepare, but the impact is so much better....

• @TheCPUWizard said:

I disagree with the general premise of "insults have extremely broad allowances in their usage". Look at the people who were well known (and often well respected) for their insults [Don Rickles spings to mind]. his insults were precise and on target.

Really?  What exactly is implied by calling someone a "hockey puck"?

• @da Doctah said:

@TheCPUWizard said:

I disagree with the general premise of "insults have extremely broad allowances in their usage". Look at the people who were well known (and often well respected) for their insults [Don Rickles spings to mind]. his insults were precise and on target.

Although not how Don used it [he used it as a reference for a Dullard], the common meaning can often be....

A chick that gets passed from one hockey player to another and eventually bones the entire team.

• @TheCPUWizard said:

@da Doctah said:

@TheCPUWizard said:

Although not how Don used it [he used it as a reference for a Dullard], the common meaning can often be....

A chick that gets passed from one hockey player to another and eventually bones the entire team.

The 30s were a crazy time for everyone.

• @blakeyrat said:

I prefer Equifax.
    So do I, because of too many bad Experiance.

• @El_Heffe said:

@blakeyrat said:

I prefer Equifax.
    So do I, because of too many bad Experiance.

There is a reason they do not call it Equifacts  -- I have had more trouble geting inaccurate information corrected with them than both of the others combined.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Sutherlands said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@TheCPUWizard said:
    What? I sincerely doubt that.

Filed under: <FONT color=#698d73>Either he's making stuff up or there are 99 incorrect instances for each of the 2 in this post</FONT>

Your choice which of the 'either's to believe.  I know which one I'm going with.

• @Sutherlands said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@Sutherlands said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@TheCPUWizard said:
    What? I sincerely doubt that.

Filed under: <font color="#698d73">Either he's making stuff up or there are 99 incorrect instances for each of the 2 in this post</font>

Your choice which of the 'either's to believe.  I know which one I'm going with.

FWIW: Your tag say something different that what I posted..And yes, I am "detail oriented" (others use a different word) to have gone through the posts (which have been forwarded to my e-mail, so it is a lage sample, but not complete) and that number is +/- 1% (aka rounded)

• @TheCPUWizard said:

I am "detail oriented"

You may want to learn to turn that on or off based on context. We're not doing science here; we're not analyzing the LHC's output.

And so you directly caused half page of posts that made absolutely nobody happy. Thanks for that.

• @dhromed said:

@TheCPUWizard said:

I am "detail oriented"

You may want to learn to turn that on or off based on context. We're not doing science here; we're not analyzing the LHC's output.

And so you directly caused half page of posts that made absolutely nobody happy. Thanks for that.

Speak for yourself, gekke Nederlander. I found the whole thing quite entertaining.

• @TheCPUWizard said:

FWIW: Your tag say something different that what I posted..And yes, I am "detail oriented" (others use a different word)

"anal"...?

• @Cassidy said:

"anal"...?
    @TheCPUWizard said:
    Yes please!

Sorry...

• @C-Octothorpe said:

Sorry...

For jumping the queue?

Get back in line! You'll get your chance!

• First time anal – girls love it

Actually, it's pronounced ah-nee-meh