Ugh, make the mean web 2.0 go away ...

• http://www.sun.com/2006-0714/feature/index.jsp - how long until some non-techsavy manger sees this, and decides that there corperation must be made Web 2.0 compatiable.

• Yep, it's 2.0 all right. Notice the rounder corners on the case, and the use of gradients.

• "Thumper", huh?  Who else thinks chances are good the next revision will be codenamed "Bambi"?

• @Oscar L said:

"Thumper", huh?  Who else thinks chances are good the next revision will be codenamed "Bambi"?

Ick. It needs to be treated like Bambi's mom.

• Sounds alright to me.  When I was young, the boxes had square corners.  It was good enough for everybody, and it's good enough for everybody today.  Speaking of which, aren't those rounded corners on the righthand side of this site?  Hey Alex, can't you at least afford to put corners on all the boxes?  How many times do I have to visit Cambrian House before that happens?

• @Oscar L said:

Sounds alright to me.  When I was young, the boxes had square corners.  It was good enough for everybody, and it's good enough for everybody today.  Speaking of which, aren't those rounded corners on the righthand side of this site?  Hey Alex, can't you at least afford to put corners on all the boxes?  How many times do I have to visit Cambrian House before that happens?

Well, a lot of time goes into making things Web 2.0, so you have to, shall we say, cut the corners a little, financially. Save precious RGB pixels.

• @dhromed said:

@Oscar L said:
    Sounds alright to me.  When I was young, the boxes had square corners.  It was good enough for everybody, and it's good enough for everybody today.  Speaking of which, aren't those rounded corners on the righthand side of this site?  Hey Alex, can't you at least afford to put corners on all the boxes?  How many times do I have to visit Cambrian House before that happens?

Well, a lot of time goes into making things Web 2.0, so you have to, shall we say, cut the corners a little, financially. Save precious RGB pixels.

Emperor: There are, ah... too many pixels.

Mozart: Perhaps the Emperor could tell me, which pixels to remove?

• I'm sorry, but wasn't it called "bubble 2.0"?

Nothing irritates me more than people talking about web 2.0 like its the next best thing, when they can't even explain what it is! If you want to sell something, just call it web 2.0.