I'll do it after I come back from vacation



  • My boss is going on vacation next week. Since I'm finishing up a project, I asked him for something to work on while he's gone. He was busy, so he told me he'd give me the next project after he comes back from his vacation.

    Methinks he's already gone....



  •  Hey, sounds like "make your own project" time - maybe you can fix some of the WTF around there and when he complains - "Hey, you didn't give me anything else to do......"



  • As I read it: you got lucky. You basically have a mandate to do nothing while he is gone. However, if you're really desperate for work, we might be able to find something for you to do..



  • @HillOBeans said:

     Hey, sounds like "make your own project" time - maybe you can fix some of the WTF around there and when he complains - "Hey, you didn't give me anything else to do......"

    o_o Why would you spend your free time fixing WTFs?



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    Why would you spend your free time fixing WTFs?
    True, I shall spend my free time reporting WTFs!



  • @snoofle said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    Why would you spend your free time fixing WTFs?
    True, I shall spend my free time reporting WTFs!

    Excellent man. He should be an inspiration to the rest of you slack-jawed yokels.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @snoofle said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    Why would you spend your free time fixing WTFs?
    True, I shall spend my free time reporting WTFs!

    Excellent man. He should be an inspiration to the rest of you slack-jawed yokels.

    I'm tryin' ... I'm tryin' ... but when I stumble upon something, it is so deeply integrated with the whole that taking it out of context makes it nigh meaningless, and giving you the context, gives me carpal tunnel.



  • Report away!  The forums have been kind of dull the last few weeks with the same old rants and derailing, we need some good WTFs.



  • I don't know if your workplace uses any sort of issue tracker, but you should spend this week reporting issues in the issue tracker about issues with the issue tracker.



  • @snoofle said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    Why would you spend your free time fixing WTFs?
    True, I shall spend my free time reporting WTFs!

    So, in other words, this is going to be a very entertaining week on the Side Bar? We should "gamify" this (it's what the kids are doing, I hear) in some way or another. Ideas?


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @morbiuswilters said:

    @HillOBeans said:

     Hey, sounds like "make your own project" time - maybe you can fix some of the WTF around there and when he complains - "Hey, you didn't give me anything else to do......"

    o_o Why would you spend your free time fixing WTFs?

    Perhaps Snoofle could use the time to explore areas of code he's not posted about yet and supply us with more reading material...



  • @Gazzonyx said:

    @snoofle said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    Why would you spend your free time fixing WTFs?
    True, I shall spend my free time reporting WTFs!

    So, in other words, this is going to be a very entertaining week on the Side Bar? We should "gamify" this (it's what the kids are doing, I hear) in some way or another. Ideas?
    Every time snoofle reports something, we take a shot.



  • @Sutherlands said:

    @Gazzonyx said:

    @snoofle said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    Why would you spend your free time fixing WTFs?
    True, I shall spend my free time reporting WTFs!

    So, in other words, this is going to be a very entertaining week on the Side Bar? We should "gamify" this (it's what the kids are doing, I hear) in some way or another. Ideas?
    Every time snoofle reports something, we take a shot.

    I'm usually dead after a shot, so I'll wait 'til a good one.



  • Snoofle, you are very lucky...

    My boss is also on his jollies next week. Unfortunately, I've got far too much work to even need to ask him if there's anything that needs doing. Bah!!



  • @Sutherlands said:

    @Gazzonyx said:

    @snoofle said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    Why would you spend your free time fixing WTFs?
    True, I shall spend my free time reporting WTFs!

    So, in other words, this is going to be a very entertaining week on the Side Bar? We should "gamify" this (it's what the kids are doing, I hear) in some way or another. Ideas?
    Every time snoofle reports something, we take a shot.
    We'll be stone dead before lunch time on Monday!


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.