Instead of Amazing

•  What about A*mazing? :)

• @Kittemon said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    @serguey123 said:

[quote user="People complaining about the "wrong" usage of cute and amazing"]

blah blah blah

Oh boy... wait until you find out what oxygen actually means

Wat?

Something that produces acid?[/quote]

Don't tell him that, he will start to ask we change it to a more appropiate name then, never add more wood to the crazy people bonfire.

• @serguey123 said:

@Kittemon said:
    @morbiuswilters said:
    @serguey123 said:

blah blah blah

Wat?

Something that produces acid?

Don't tell him that, he will start to ask we change it to a more appropiate name then, never add more wood to the crazy people bonfire.[/quote]

That's not what it "actually means", you dipshit. If you had said "where the word comes from" I might forgive you, but you clearly don't know what you are talking about..

• @morbiuswilters said:

@serguey123 said:
    @Kittemon said:
    @morbiuswilters said:
    @serguey123 said:

blah blah blah

Wat?

Something that produces acid?

Don't tell him that, he will start to ask we change it to a more appropiate name then, never add more wood to the crazy people bonfire.

That's not what it "actually means", you dipshit. If you had said "where the word comes from" I might forgive you, but you clearly don't know what you are talking about..[/quote]

So you are saying that the word oxygen was picked without consideration to its greek meaning? No, dear retarded person, Lavosier pick it on purpose because he and others like him thought that all acid had oxygen in it (not true) so, yeah oxygen means acid producer (Sauerstoff in german btw). He didn't thought that oxygen sounded cool, he fucking meant that so yeah in this case the fact that it comes from the greek for acid and generator and its meaning are the same.

• @serguey123 said:

So you are saying that the word oxygen was picked without consideration to its greek meaning? No, dear retarded person, Lavosier pick it on purpose because he and others like him thought that all acid had oxygen in it (not true) so, yeah oxygen means acid producer (Sauerstoff in german btw). He didn't thought that oxygen sounded cool, he fucking meant that so yeah in this case the fact that it comes from the greek for acid and generator and its meaning are the same.

Goddamn you are stupid. I know your shithole of a country doesn't have an education system, but damn. Yes, I already said that the etymology of oxygen was "acid producer" which has nothing to do with its "actual meaning". Words don't retain the meaning of their etymological root forever, they change over time. In the case of oxygen, it's Greek origin stopped having meaning quite some time ago, moron.

• @morbiuswilters said:

In the case of oxygen, it's Greek origin stopped having meaning quite some time ago, moron.

I'M AWARE OF THAT FACT.

Now, read my first post taking that and the fact I was mocking the OP into account (or not, I don't care anymore)

I'm beginning to think you and I will never see eye to eye, which is a shame because you seem a great guy (a tad devoid of humor or clues for my tastes but you can't be too picky) or maybe is my fault and I suck at communicating in a foreign language.

• @serguey123 said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    In the case of oxygen, it's Greek origin stopped having meaning quite some time ago, moron.

I'M AWARE OF THAT FACT.

Now, read my first post taking that and the fact I was mocking the OP into account (or not, I don't care anymore)

I'm beginning to think you and I will never see eye to eye, which is a shame because you seem a great guy (a tad devoid of humor or clues for my tastes but you can't be too picky) or maybe is my fault and I suck at communicating in a foreign language.

Hmm.. it seems we have a misunderstanding then. You replied to the reply to me and said something like "Don't tell him that, blah blah blah" which implied I was being stupid. Maybe what you should have said was "Don't tell the OP that.." Oh well, who cares?

• @morbiuswilters said:

implied I was being stupid

I think that stupidity is a inherent human trait that we all share to a certain degree.

@morbiuswilters said:

Maybe what you should have said was "Don't tell the OP that

Maybe, but my intention was something along the lines of: if the OP iis complaining about the use of amazing how he would complain about the use of oxygen. People fail to realize that a language is a living thing. I remember that some articles were published deploring the use of automobile and asking for the more "correct" use of autokion or ipsomobile