Interview WTF

• @serguey123 said:

This brings me back, when I was young my teachers told me that I would not be able to do anything useful in the future because my handwriting sucks

I get odd looks when doing things like signing mortgages because my signature isn't consistent. Last time, after about the 5th time the notary said something about it, I just said (paraphrased):

"look, the only time I sign paperwork is: 1) when I get a mortgage or refinance, or 2) when I vote. That's it. My signature is bad and inconsistent because the rest of the world has moved past signatures, only dealing with this real estate crap is it even slightly an issue. I mean, it's like complaining that I don't have a fax machine in my house. Even the INSURANCE people have this figured out-- I have to sign 150 times to buy the house, then I can insure the damned thing by clicking my mouse a few times."

I think I made her mad.

• @blakeyrat said:

@serguey123 said:
    This brings me back, when I was young my teachers told me that I would not be able to do anything useful in the future because my handwriting sucks

I get odd looks when doing things like signing mortgages because my signature isn't consistent. Last time, after about the 5th time the notary said something about it, I just said (paraphrased):

"look, the only time I sign paperwork is: 1) when I get a mortgage or refinance, or 2) when I vote. That's it. My signature is bad and inconsistent because the rest of the world has moved past signatures, only dealing with this real estate crap is it even slightly an issue. I mean, it's like complaining that I don't have a fax machine in my house. Even the INSURANCE people have this figured out-- I have to sign 150 times to buy the house, then I can insure the damned thing by clicking my mouse a few times."

I think I made her mad.

WTF? I sign receipts all the time, as well as other miscellaneous paperwork. I have never had to sign to vote. I'm guessing this is a WA thing? The places I've lived were far-left hellholes where validating who you are before letting you vote is illegal (because it might result in less voter fraud--dead people are an important constituency). Normally they just have several sheets of names printed out and taped to the table and you walk up to the list, find your name, point at it and they give you a ballot.

• @morbiuswilters said:

WTF? I sign receipts all the time,

? I don't consider what I do when I use my debit card as "signing". You scribble anything on the paper and they take it. I think Zug did a bit on this...

In any case, I don't do that often enough to develop a consistent, recognizable signature. I do it maaaybe once a week, max.

@morbiuswilters said:

as well as other miscellaneous paperwork.

Like what? I guess when I bought my car.

@morbiuswilters said:

I have never had to sign to vote. I'm guessing this is a WA thing?

Some counties in WA (like mine) have gone 100% vote-by-mail. You have to sign when you vote-by-mail. I actually had a ballot rejected once because they said my signature didn't match their reference... they were right, of course, I had to go in and re-sign.

@morbiuswilters said:

The places I've lived were far-left hellholes where validating who you are before letting you vote is illegal (because it might result in less voter fraud--dead people are an important constituency). Normally they just have several sheets of names printed out and taped to the table and you walk up to the list, find your name, point at it and they give you a ballot.

It's a trade-off. The thing is, not a lot of people could get time off from work to vote when they did it the old way. The state had an absentee vote-by-mail system they had to maintain anyway, for people like heavy business travelers and military, etc. A few years ago they opened up the absentee system to everybody, you didn't have to be out-of-state to use it, and it turned out to be so popular (and old-style polling stations were so expensive) that some counties just decided to go vote-by-mail all the time.

Now I can't even imagine what it was like to have to leave work in the middle of the day, commute back to your house (because you can't vote in Seattle if you live in another county!), wait in line in some stinky church or high school gym, deal with the petty grumpy old retired people who volunteer to run the system, etc. "Ooo I get a sticker", whatever.

I like it. I hope they do vote online soon, but I admit I don't know how that work work. I wager if your State opened their absentee system to everybody, it would explode there too. (Like ours, your State has to maintain a vote-by-mail system for absentees anyway, so the expense is already being spent.)

• @blakeyrat said:

? I don't consider what I do when I use my debit card as "signing". You scribble anything on the paper and they take it. I think Zug did a bit on this...

You can scribble anything on most documents and they will take it. Of course, notaries tend to want to see a consistent history of the same scribble. But my scribble (and it literally is one) is consistent.

@blakeyrat said:

Like what? I guess when I bought my car.

Large purchases, deliveries, contracts with service providers (the amount of paperwork to get access to a secure data center is terrifying), employment paperwork, taxes (for those things that can't be filed electronically), checks, DMV papework, etc. I probably use my signature thousands of time per-year. What I really hate are PDFs I have to "print, sign and fax" (I don't have a printer, scanner or fax) so I keep a GIF of my signature and just overlay it onto the PDF.

@blakeyrat said:

It's a trade-off. The thing is, not a lot of people could get time off from work to vote when they did it the old way. The state had an absentee vote-by-mail system they had to maintain anyway, for people like heavy business travelers and military, etc. A few years ago they opened up the absentee system to everybody, you didn't have to be out-of-state to use it, and it turned out to be so popular (and old-style polling stations were so expensive) that some counties just decided to go vote-by-mail all the time.

Vote-by-mail actually does sound better (although vote-by-Internet sounds best). The most important thing is securing the system. I wasn't advocating the "print out everyone's name and address, put the list out in public, let anyone off the street point at a name and get a ballot" method. It's ripe for fraud and it's shameful that it hasn't been replaced because some politicians and special interests benefit from voter fraud.

@blakeyrat said:

Now I can't even imagine what it was like to have to leave work in the middle of the day, commute back to your house (because you can't vote in Seattle if you live in another county!), wait in line in some stinky church or high school gym, deal with the petty grumpy old retired people who volunteer to run the system, etc. "Ooo I get a sticker", whatever.

But: free time off from work! Anyway, I'd usually just work-from-home on voting day (I lived 1 block from the polling station) or go after work. The waits were never more than a minute or two. Plus you get to have fun watching the ACORN people glare at you.

• @blakeyrat said:

The thing is, not a lot of people could get time off from work to vote when they did it the old way

We vote on Sundays :|

@blakeyrat said:

your State has to maintain a vote-by-mail system for absentees anyway, so the expense is already being spent

It's a federal program AFAIK

• @morbiuswilters said:

Of course, notaries tend to want to see a consistent history of the same scribble. But my scribble (and it literally is one) is consistent.

I can pull off consistent on the first, say, 20. Buying or refinancing a house involves signing 100+. My hand gets tired.

@morbiuswilters said:

Large purchases,

Never signed for a "large purchase", but I don't really know what you're referring to here other than houses and cars, which I already conceded.

@morbiuswilters said:

contracts with service providers (the amount of paperwork to get access to a secure data center is terrifying)

Taken care of by work, + cloud servers.

@morbiuswilters said:

employment paperwork

That's like 3 signatures, maybe 5. Not 100+.

@morbiuswilters said:

taxes (for those things that can't be filed electronically)

I've never come across a tax that can't be filed electronically. Not in the last decade.

@morbiuswilters said:

checks

Haven't used one in maybe 5 years.

@morbiuswilters said:

DMV papework

All online. Which kind of concerns me because the photo on my driver's license is TERRIBLY out-of-date, but oh well.

@morbiuswilters said:

I probably use my signature thousands of time per-year

Hum. I only sign hundreds of times a year if I'm refinancing my house, haha. In years I'm not buying or refinancing a house, I wager I barely crack 100, if that.

@morbiuswilters said:

I wasn't advocating the "print out everyone's name and address, put the list out in public, let anyone off the street point at a name and get a ballot" method. It's ripe for fraud and it's shameful that it hasn't been replaced because some politicians and special interests benefit from voter fraud.

In Washington State, if you serve as foreman of a jury, your name is filed with the verdict. Only the foreman's. And yes, their real name-- not like "juror #57726". Even in cases of violent crime. It kind of scares me. Badly need some reforms there.

@morbiuswilters said:

But: free time off from work!

Hah! I worked hourly at the time, I would have had to spend vacation to vote.

@morbiuswilters said:

Plus you get to have fun watching the ACORN people glare at you.

You know I've been following politics for a long time, and I still barely know what ACORN is. Except everybody seems to blame them for everything bad that happens everywhere. Are they a mostly east-coast thing?

• @serguey123 said:

@blakeyrat said:

your State has to maintain a vote-by-mail system for absentees anyway, so the expense is already being spent

It's a federal program AFAIK

How the fuck would you know? You live in fucking North Korea or some shit, remember? Did you momentarily forget your ridiculous retarded cover story? Damn!

For what its worth, ours is administrated by the State, but of course the contents of the ballots are determined by the country/city in which you live.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

You know I've been following politics for a long time, and I still barely know what ACORN is. Except everybody seems to blame them for everything bad that happens everywhere. Are they a mostly east-coast thing?

No, they were apparently in Seattle, too. Most people hadn't heard of their nonsense before videos of them believing to help sex traffickers.

Like most criminal enterprises, however, they try to keep out of the spotlight.

• @boomzilla said:

No, they were apparently in Seattle, too.

So it sounds like they were paying people to turn in voter registrations, and as a result a bunch of their employees forged a shitload of voter registrations. Ok that's mildly annoying. They were prosecuted and received jail time.

The Freakonomics guys could have a field day with that, but it's not that interesting-- shock, horror: people do what you incentize them to do! Gasp!

@boomzilla said:

Most people hadn't heard of their nonsense

More of same, just in different States...

@boomzilla said:

before videos of them believing to help sex traffickers.

This one blows my mind. So these guys dress up as a whore and a pimp, and call up ACORN and... ask for legal advice? Then when some of the ACORN employees gives them some they are all like, "AHA! We gotcha!"? Then people panicked, and Congress cut-off all ACORN funding. Then later on, people actually saw the unedited videos, they were like, "eh... nothing in here's really that objectionable." What a retarded story.

That wiki article just makes James O'Keefe look like a asshole.

I'm not seeing anything here that makes ACORN look like criminal masterminds. Incompetent, yes. And I'm not crying over them losing funding.

• @blakeyrat said:

For what its worth, ours is administrated by the State, but of course the contents of the ballots are determined by the country/city in which you live.

Not country. Presidential electors are balloted separately in each state.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

This one blows my mind. So these guys dress up as a whore and a pimp, and call up ACORN and... ask for legal advice? Then when some of the ACORN employees gives them some they are all like, "AHA! We gotcha!"? Then people panicked, and Congress cut-off all ACORN funding. Then later on, people actually saw the unedited videos, they were like, "eh... nothing in here's really that objectionable." What a retarded story.

That wiki article just makes James O'Keefe look like a asshole.

I'm not seeing anything here that makes ACORN look like criminal masterminds. Incompetent, yes. And I'm not crying over them losing funding.

Well, people came to a lot of conclusions about the videos. Frankly, I didn't even read the page there, but I wouldn't have described them as "nothing really that objectionable." I guess it depends on what you think about smuggling under age girls for the purposes of pimping them out, and how reasonable people should react to that. I wouldn't disagree that O'Keefe is an asshole, but then...who isn't?

I don't think anyone has accused the Acorn locals of being any sort of masterminds. More generally corrupt and uninterested in following the law. It's more the direction at the top, where they set all of this up (though again, mastermind may be, uh, overstatement). They aren't the worst thing in the world, but I'm pretty sure that their existence has been a net negative.

Anyways, it's the New Black Panthers that you have to look out for at the polling stations. Those guys actually are kinda scary.

• @blakeyrat said:

This one blows my mind. So these guys dress up as a whore and a pimp, and call up ACORN and... ask for legal advice? Then when some of the ACORN employees gives them some they are all like, "AHA! We gotcha!"? Then people panicked, and Congress cut-off all ACORN funding.

ACORN receives government funds and they gave advice on how to engage in illegal activities without being caught. I certainly find that objectionable. However, I agree that they're hardly criminal masterminds; they're just a scummy political organization that engages in borderline illegal (and some explicitly illegal) activities. One time I was voting and as I was waiting to put my ballot into the optical scanner it broke down. The ACORN observer offered to take the ballot and put it into the machine once it was working again so I could be on my way. When I politely declined and said I would wait until it was fixed and put my own ballot in she gave me a nasty look. The observers also tend to give certain people (read: white, not poor looking) nasty looks when they come in to vote.

• @morbiuswilters said:

The observers also tend to give certain people (read: white, not poor looking) nasty looks when they come in to vote.
    Not that you've experienced that, seeing as you're an effeminate/transsexual asian dude with two missing fingers...

• @serguey123 said:

when I was young my teachers told me that I would not be able to do anything useful in the future because my handwriting sucks

"he would not live", they said. He is now 21.

"he would not walk", they said. He ran the London Marathon.

"he would amount to nothing", they said. He became mayor of this town.

"he'll be a loser all his life", they said. He beat them all... hands down.

I remember that from a young age, but it had a profound effect upon me: you are only limited by what you believe you can do, not by how others judge you.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Not country.

I meant county. Don't be pedantic over obvious typos. Or at all.

@boomzilla said:

Well, people came to a lot of conclusions about the videos. Frankly, I didn't even read the page there, but I wouldn't have described them as "nothing really that objectionable." I guess it depends on what you think about smuggling under age girls for the purposes of pimping them out, and how reasonable people should react to that. I wouldn't disagree that O'Keefe is an asshole, but then...who isn't?

If I go to a FedEx store, and ask the guy about running my prostitution business, and he answers my questions-- what does that say about FedEx as an organization? I think any reasonable person would say: jack shit.

@boomzilla said:

It's more the direction at the top, where they set all of this up (though again, mastermind may be, uh, overstatement).

If you say, "hey dude, I'll pay you money for voter registrations," you shouldn't then be surprised when it turns out some of the registrations are fraudulent. These guys are running an organization-- don't they know how human beings work?

@morbiuswilters said:

ACORN receives government funds and they gave advice on how to engage in illegal activities without being caught.

A few dudes working for ACORN gave the advice. It wasn't like the organization was putting out a pamphlet: "Underage Sex Rings And You: A Profit Opportunity!" They just had some poorly-trained dudes manning the desk. It happens. And, again, you could create just as damning a video at Wal-mart, or Costco, or 7-11, or any large company with lots of public-facing people.

I call O'Keefe a jackass, the jackass is really the media who takes material like this and gets all "outraged" without ever slowing down and thinking, "wait a minute-- so what?"

@morbiuswilters said:

One time I was voting and as I was waiting to put my ballot into the optical scanner it broke down. The ACORN observer offered to take the ballot and put it into the machine once it was working again so I could be on my way. When I politely declined and said I would wait until it was fixed and put my own ballot in she gave me a nasty look.

Yeah, that is pretty sketchy.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

If I go to a FedEx store, and ask the guy about running my prostitution business, and he answers my questions-- what does that say about FedEx as an organization? I think any reasonable person would say: jack shit.

Yes, but if you went to several, and they gave you advice on how to use FedEx to ship heroin, you might start to think that FedEx was less than up and up. Well, some people would.

@blakeyrat said:

If you say, "hey dude, I'll pay you money for voter registrations," you shouldn't then be surprised when it turns out some of the registrations are fraudulent. These guys are running an organization-- don't they know how human beings work?

Yes, they do. Are you implying that it wasn't a scheme for voting fraud? If nothing else, the crapflood of more obvious bogosity (e.g., Donald Duck) hides the more plausible registrations of duplicates and bad addresses.

@blakeyrat said:

And, again, you could create just as damning a video at Wal-mart, or Costco, or 7-11, or any large company with lots of public-facing people.

Maybe. But probably not.

• @morbiuswilters said:

I keep a GIF of my signature

Use PNG and you might get like 10-15% better compression on those 1.5 kilobytes.

• @blakeyrat said:

How the fuck would you know?

There is this thing called the internet, perhaps you have heard of it.

@blakeyrat said:

You live in fucking North Korea or some shit, remember?

I never said that, I do speak korean and I do live in a retarded country that might or might not be North Korea.

@blakeyrat said:

Did you momentarily forget your ridiculous retarded cover story?

Hey, stare at this silver tube with the pretty lights!!

@blakeyrat said:

Damn

And people say I'm cheap!

• @serguey123 said:

But isn't having bad handwriting a prerequisite for being a teacher?

• @pjt33 said:

@serguey123 said:

But isn't having bad handwriting a prerequisite for being a teacher?
    I thought the prereq for teaching was the ability to turn any topic into something extremely dull and boring.

• @pjt33 said:

bad handwriting a prerequisite for being a teacher?

I actually taught for a while, but I sucked at it however most of my teachers had good handwriting, this was a very long time ago so maybe it has changed.

@Anketam said:

the ability to turn any topic into something extremely dull and boring.

There are good teachers and bad teachers.  The good ones are the ones that inspire you.

• @dhromed said:

@morbiuswilters said:

I keep a GIF of my signature

Use PNG and you might get like 10-15% better compression on those 1.5 kilobytes.

But what if I want to display my signature on IE6???

• @morbiuswilters said:

Worry not, IE6 displays GIF-level PNGs without any problems.

• @ender said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    Worry not, IE6 displays GIF-level PNGs without any problems.

What is a GIF-level PNG? Regardless, IE6 doesn't handle transparent PNGs properly without using Javascript.

• @morbiuswilters said:

What is a GIF-level PNG? Regardless, IE6 doesn't handle transparent PNGs properly without using Javascript.
    The only PNGs IE6 doesn't handle properly are PNGs with alpha channel. Images with single colour transparency work fine (both 8 and 24-bit).
    Meaning, any GIF you convert to PNG will display fine.

•  It doesn't handle PNG properly period.

A flat 24-bit, or 8bit with transpancy PNg is okay, but it still messes up gamma correction.

I routinely pngcrushed my PS-generated pngs to remove the GAMA chunk, and lo, the colours of graphics-images would suddenly match the CSS colours.

I don't have this problem anymore, but too many variables have changed to know what alleviated that particular sorrow. For one thing, Photoshop CS2+'s png exporter is fucking awesome. The files! They're so tiny!

• @ender said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    The only PNGs IE6 doesn't handle properly are PNGs with alpha channel. Images with single colour transparency work fine (both 8 and 24-bit).
    Meaning, any GIF you convert to PNG will display fine.

Ah, I see what you are saying.

• @pjt33 said:

But isn't having bad handwriting a prerequisite for being a doctor?

FTFY

@Anketam said:

I thought the prereq for teaching was the
    ability to turn any topic into something extremely dull and
    boring.

Fuck, not this shit again.

There are good teachers and there are bad teachers - just like there are good programmers and bad programmers, and good project managers and bad project managers.

However, I utterly refuse to believe that you can go through life and only encounter the utter shit portion of any profession.

I've encountered good and bad people in any profession, but that's what they are - incompetent fuckwad shitbrains, irrespective of their profession.

Judge a profession all you like solely by your limited bad experiences, but don't be surprised if your bias bring you solely into contact with those that match your blinkered views. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, after all.

(and IME, the majority of times those complaining about bad teachers never once considered the kind of pupil they may have been, and how this could possibly feature in their lack of education)

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Cassidy said:

However, I utterly refuse to believe that you can go through life and only encounter the utter shit portion of any profession.

Sure you can. Everytime I go into a restaurant, without fail, I know I'll get a rude waitress who won't deserve a tip. So rather than getting into an argument about it after the fact, I head it off at the pass.

I tell my server not to expect a tip, because it's not my responsibility that her poor life skills dumped her in the dead-end, less than minimum wage monkey job she deserves, and that if she wanted to be paid for carrying food, she should just get a husband before it's too late. Unless she's over 21 and it is too late.

Sure it's rude, but rightfully so because without fail, every single one of them ends up being a rude, curt little shit who serves me weird tasting food-- just like I predicted they would be.

• @Lorne Kates said:

@Cassidy said:

Sure you can. Everytime I go into a restaurant, without fail, I know I'll get a rude waitress who won't deserve a tip. So rather than getting into an argument about it after the fact, I head it off at the pass.

I tell my server not to expect a tip, because it's not my responsibility that her poor life skills dumped her in the dead-end, less than minimum wage monkey job she deserves, and that if she wanted to be paid for carrying food, she should just get a husband before it's too late. Unless she's over 21 and it is too late.

Sure it's rude, but rightfully so because without fail, every single one of them ends up being a rude, curt little shit who serves me weird tasting food-- just like I predicted they would be.

It is oft believed that people get what they deserve....seems true in your case.

• @Lorne Kates said:

@Cassidy said:

Sure you can. Everytime I go into a restaurant, without fail, I know I'll get a rude waitress

But that's my point - is EVERY waitress in that resturant rude? Does EVERY resturant you go into only contain rude waitresses?

If you've been into only two resturants in your life and you encounter bad service in both, does that mean every resturant always contains rude waitresses?

My issue is those that tar everyone with the same brush without understanding that their narrow experiences is unrepresentative of the wider population.

Or rather, if you assume that your waitress is going to be rude and you treat them with your preconceived notions... don't be surprised if they turn out that way.

• @Lorne Kates said:

@Cassidy said:

Either you've got incredibly rotten luck, or a severe attitude problem.  I find that most of the time when I go to a restaurant, the service is at least decent if not actually good.  Yeah, sometimes I get really bad service like you described, and when that happens I don't leave a tip.  But that's by no means a regular or expected thing...

• @People quoting Lorne Kates said:

blah blah blah

Read Lorne Kates tags

• @Lorne Kates said:

LIES

Wow you caught three of them, well done sir.

• @Cassidy said:

Garbage men?

• ♿ (Parody)

@serguey123 said:

@People quoting Lorne Kates said:
    blah blah blah

Read Lorne Kates tags

But frankly, the tags shouldn't have been really needed. Best obvious troll in a long time! Well done, sir.

• @locallunatic said:

@Lorne Kates said:

LIES

Wow you caught three of them, well done sir.

I'd say kudos on the trolling there, but man this forum is full of dumbasses today. I haven't read a troll that obvious in a long time.

• @blakeyrat said:

I'd say kudos on the trolling there, but man this forum is full of dumbasses today.

Today? This place is always full of dumbasses.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@blakeyrat said:
    I'd say kudos on the trolling there, but man this forum is full of dumbasses today.

Being full of dumbasses today is not mutually-exclusive with always being full of dumbasses. Blakeyrat on Logic, 1/2.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@blakeyrat said:

Well, blakey, you caught 1 at least.

• @Quango said:

Anyone out there who can code, looking for a job in Surrey?

Check pm! :)

• @Lorne Kates said:

@Cassidy said:

Springs1, is that you?

Wait, no. the text wasn't sparkly, purple, or RanDomlY CapiToliZed, and there was no ******RaNcH dReSsIng********

For the uninitiated : here, here, and here

• @tweek said:

Springs1, is that you?

Wait, no. the text wasn't sparkly, purple, or RanDomlY CapiToliZed, and there was no ******RaNcH dReSsIng********

Thank you for initiating me, please dont do it again.

• @tweek said:

Springs1, is that you?

First observation: with so many blogs each containing scant content covering the same topics, I can see where SpagetticodeSwamp gets it from.

Second observation: whilst I agree with many points made there... I think I gained a headache. Not sure if it's from reading the same repetative whinge, or the choice of pink text against a dark background, but I'm STARTING to SEE some disembodied WORDS floating around AHEAD of me.

• @Lorne Kates said:

@Cassidy said:

If they're under 21, then they're very likely still receiving the higher education you're ostracizing them for not having, and since they're working, they aren't sucking mommy's teat to do it (entirely anyway). You sound like a bit of a douche, and honestly, if you said that to me, talking like some higher being just because you never had to work a shit job in your life (which likely means you were handed everything you have, not earning a damn bit of it by your daddy) I'd piss in your fucking food, and sleep well that night.

Everyone, I mean EVERYONE should have to do a mandatory 2 years in the service industry. That way pretentious dicks like you would know what it's like to work a job you hate for 8 hours a clip, putting up with smarmy assholes who have to talk down to people who they know damn well can't say anything back just to feel like real men.

• @Master Chief said:

@Lorne Kates said:

@Cassidy said:

If they're under 21, then they're very likely still receiving the higher education you're ostracizing them for not having, and since they're working, they aren't sucking mommy's teat to do it (entirely anyway). You sound like a bit of a douche, and honestly, if you said that to me, talking like some higher being just because you never had to work a shit job in your life (which likely means you were handed everything you have, not earning a damn bit of it by your daddy) I'd piss in your fucking food, and sleep well that night.

Everyone, I mean EVERYONE should have to do a mandatory 2 years in the service industry. That way pretentious dicks like you would know what it's like to work a job you hate for 8 hours a clip, putting up with smarmy assholes who have to talk down to people who they know damn well can't say anything back just to feel like real men.

Caught another one!

• @morbiuswilters said:

Caught another one!

It's the troll that keeps on giving.

• @Master Chief said:

Are you saying that the only place you can get that is the service industry? Lol.

• @Sutherlands said:

@Master Chief said:

Are you saying that the only place you can get that is the service industry? Lol.

Yeah, what about lumberjacks? Are you saying lumberjacks should have to spend two years waiting tables just so they can learn humility? Your naive social experiments have nothing to teach a lumberjack!

• @Sutherlands said:

@Master Chief said:

I bet conscription's a pretty effective way to get that experience, at least based on the friends I have in the military...