New Ads

• We've got a new ad!

This time it involves a large green mutant lizard in a conference room. I guess it's supposed to make you want to buy their product so that the evil green monster doesn't eat you during a conference.

• I am purple with glee as I wait until such time as I may see this ad.

• I use Firefox with the Adblock extension, so I am blessed with a lack of adverts on this site and others.  I honestly don't miss them :)

-dZ.

• Wow. I didn't notice the lizard until I read this post. I saw the generic meeting tables and chairs, saw the caption, and threw it all out of my mind. Good thing it doesn't bite, heh.

• @Anonymous said:

I use Firefox with the Adblock extension, so I am blessed with a lack of adverts on this site and others.  I honestly don't miss them :)

Hmmmm - I am using lowly ie, and I have not yet seen this ad..... must be a bug - ads/spam somehow did NOT get through via ie !!! WTF?

• @apparition said:

@Anonymous said:

I use Firefox with the Adblock extension, so I am blessed with a lack of adverts on this site and others.  I honestly don't miss them :)

Hmmmm - I am using lowly ie, and I have not yet seen this ad..... must be a bug - ads/spam somehow did NOT get through via ie !!! WTF?

Perhaps your IE is set to deny third-party domain calls so that anything served not from tdwtf.com is blocked.

You can do that with cookies in IE6 -- not sure on other features, like images, scripts.

• @dhromed said:

Perhaps your IE is set to deny third-party domain calls so that anything served not from tdwtf.com is blocked.

You can do that with cookies in IE6 -- not sure on other features, like images, scripts.

It'll be the scripts... I run FF - no ad blocking but I don't allow Javascript except from particular domains - in this case your browser needs to allow script from blogads.com.

I say bravo! to Alex for not making it difficult to block ads, and thanks to the people who click on them to help keep this site free.

/damn Yahoo just sued me for putting an exclamation mark after a word..  it's too easy to sue
    /oh no! Easyjet just sued me for using the word easy... and Yahoo again.. I give up.

• The ads here aren't that bad. In general, if you have JavaScript off
    (NoScript firefox extension I love you to bits) you're not going to see
    anything too annoying. Except if it flashes, then you can stab it.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.