WTF tags?



  • Ok, it made me laugh but, why are the tags backwards? We're a long way from April 1st.



  • ‮There's probably a Unicode conrtrol character in one of the tags (I'm thinking it's in the "apkerch" tag). There's one in this post too.



  •  That didn't take long.



  • Some used the unicode right-to-left character in a tag would be my first guess. Abusing the tag system has been a long tradition on this forum



  •  @Pidgeot said:

    ‮There's probably a Unicode conrtrol character in one of the tags (I'm thinking it's in the "apkerch" tag). There's one in this post too.

    Wow, the unicode reverse direction control character even reverses the direction of your parentheses?

     



  • I'm guessing the unicode RTL character has to do with why the forum adds random combining characters to tags- although I think it finally stopped doing it.

    For software that's never upgraded, the CS installation sure seems to change it's behavior a lot.



  • @MiffTheFox said:

    I'm guessing the unicode RTL character has to do with why the forum adds random combining characters to tags- although I think it finally stopped doing it.

    I'd always guessed that people liked adding combining characters to single letters in their tags and there was something screwy with the auto complete so they showed up on the first character whenever someone started a new tag.



  • @orange_robot said:

     @Pidgeot said:

    ‮There's probably a Unicode conrtrol character in one of the tags (I'm thinking it's in the "apkerch" tag). There's one in this post too.

    Wow, the unicode reverse direction control character even reverses the direction of your parentheses?

     

    Yes.



  • @Pidgeot said:

    ‮There's probably a Unicode conrtrol character in one of the tags (I'm thinking it's in the "apkerch" tag). There's one in this post too.

    And that's how we summon Chtulchu


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.