Running under not found

• Have you tried it already? It's awesome!!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XMS9i.png[/img]

Seriously though, it's a bit cheap to laugh at old installers, how should the developer know if future people need OSs?

• The installer for Fallout 2 made the annoying assumption that DirectX would never be ported to Windows NT. Instead of just checking whether DirectX existed, it checked if you were running NT-- and if so, no install for you. Dumb dumb dumb.

• The ClearType in the title bar is the only clue that suggests that one of the things that having 128 times as much RAM as you need doesn't do, is switch your whole desktop to black and white … (OK, no, there's some colour down the edges as well. But seriously, WTF?)

•  At least it lets you try and hope for the best rather than stopping completely.

• And this is why Windows has the ability to lie to applications about which version it is.

• Bonus fail points for apparently parsing the 4 out of "4GB" without paying attention to the suffix.

• @emurphy said:

Bonus fail points for apparently parsing the 4 out of "4GB" without paying attention to the suffix.

You are running on a VAX with 256 bytes of memory! That should surely be enough...

• @AnonymousCoward said:

All computers were supposed to stop working on Jan 1, 2000, so there's no reason for them to believe that there would ever be anything newer than Windows ME.

• @El_Heffe said:

All computers were supposed to stop working on Jan 1, 2000, so there's no reason for them to believe that there would ever be anything newer than Windows ME.

Well ME was released September 2000 so that was a good nine months after computers "stopped working".

No mention of Windows 2000 even though it was released well before ME, and there is a mention of NT4.