You can get anything on Craigslist -- Even a Doctor

• http://cleveland.craigslist.org/hea/2809616208.html

A really large hospital is advertsing for a Cardiologist .... on Craigslist?   And what's up with all the weird â characters?

• That's pretty crazy.

• ♿ (Parody)

@El_Heffe said:

A really large hospital is advertsing for a Cardiologist .... on Craigslist?

Actually, it's the government...the Veterans Affairs Administration. One possibility is that they've already have someone they want to hire, but have to advertise to satisfy some law or regulation, and figure that putting it on Craigslist satisfies that without the risk of generating any competing applicants.

@El_Heffe said:

And what's up with all the weird â characters?

Looks like incompatible encodings or something going on there. Good enough for government work.

• @boomzilla said:

Actually, it's the government...the Veterans Affairs Administration. One possibility is that they've already have someone they want to hire, but have to advertise to satisfy some law or regulation, and figure that putting it on Craigslist satisfies that without the risk of generating any competing applicants
    That makes a lot of sense.

• @boomzilla said:

Actually, it's the government...the Veterans Affairs Administration.

@From the Ad said:

DUTIES:

The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center and the DivisionÂof Cardiology at University Hospital Case Medical Center are seeking a full-time (8/8ths) Cardiologist at the Assistant Professor level to join the Department with primary responsibilities at the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center in Cleveland Ohio.
    University Hospital Case Medical Center is a major hospital in the area.  It appears that they are looking to hire a doctor who will then spend most of his time at the VA.  The orthopedic surgeon who operated on me a few years ago is at that hospital and also does work at the VA.  But I'm pretty sure he didn't get hired through a Craigslist ad.

• I love the express preference for people who have been trained "in Advanced Heart Failure". Sounds rather yogic.

• Desperation can breed some interesting advertising strategies.  I've seen plenty of ads in journals and I've even gotten spam-ish broadcast emails about locum tenens jobs, but I must admit that it never would have occurred to me to look on Craigslist.  Maybe it's a Cleveland thing.