Reports in WPF

•  So I've been coding a desktop business app in C# using WPF and I'm trying to build a series of reports. It's the first time I've used this technology, but I do have some experience with WinForms, where I could build a form that let the user enter some search terms and generated a report with ReportViewer. My question is this... how in the name of Gates' scrotum are you supposed to do this in WPF?! I've come across a vast array of third party tools, but surely there's a way to do this natively? I've also found this in SO which seems to be the recommended page on the subject except it's more than 3 years old, one answer says just use ReportViewer and the other is unintelligible to a novice.

Is there an actual working code example somewhere that deals with this?

• @DOA said:

So I've been coding a desktop business app in C# using WPF and I'm trying to build a series of reports. It's the first time I've used this technology, but I do have some experience with WinForms, where I could build a form that let the user enter some search terms and generated a report with ReportViewer. My question is this... how in the name of Gates' scrotum are you supposed to do this in WPF?! I've come across a vast array of third party tools, but surely there's a way to do this natively? I've also found this in SO which seems to be the recommended page on the subject except it's more than 3 years old, one answer says just use ReportViewer and the other is unintelligible to a novice.

Is there an actual working code example somewhere that deals with this?

I remember seeing something on SourceForge or GitHub or Google Code. Can't exact remember, but if you do search, it might help you.