Reports in WPF

•  So I've been coding a desktop business app in C# using WPF and I'm trying to build a series of reports. It's the first time I've used this technology, but I do have some experience with WinForms, where I could build a form that let the user enter some search terms and generated a report with ReportViewer. My question is this... how in the name of Gates' scrotum are you supposed to do this in WPF?! I've come across a vast array of third party tools, but surely there's a way to do this natively? I've also found this in SO which seems to be the recommended page on the subject except it's more than 3 years old, one answer says just use ReportViewer and the other is unintelligible to a novice.

Is there an actual working code example somewhere that deals with this?

• @DOA said:

So I've been coding a desktop business app in C# using WPF and I'm trying to build a series of reports. It's the first time I've used this technology, but I do have some experience with WinForms, where I could build a form that let the user enter some search terms and generated a report with ReportViewer. My question is this... how in the name of Gates' scrotum are you supposed to do this in WPF?! I've come across a vast array of third party tools, but surely there's a way to do this natively? I've also found this in SO which seems to be the recommended page on the subject except it's more than 3 years old, one answer says just use ReportViewer and the other is unintelligible to a novice.

Is there an actual working code example somewhere that deals with this?

I remember seeing something on SourceForge or GitHub or Google Code. Can't exact remember, but if you do search, it might help you.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.