HEY GUYZ I GOT PINTEREST INVITEZ



  • Does anybody... care? If you want one, PM me your email address. Or private message me with it on Steam or Twitter or whatever.



  • Pinterest looks like an excellent target for bombing and trolling.

    So, I'm sorry, but I guess I'm not pinterested.






  • I played with it a little bit last night. It doesn't work with: Netflix, DeviantArt, any site that is just text, and... a couple other places I tried. It did work on my hiareyou.com, which is nothing but a single huge image link... but that's the only site I tried that it actually worked on. I was going to make a list of COOL DRAGONZZZ but without DeviantArt there was no point.

    So... the site's basically 100% hype based at the moment, I believe.



  • My invites are pinterer!

    ...

    Never mind. What is pinterest and why is it so important?



  • @Spectre said:

    What is pinterest and why is it so important?
     

    Hang around some females.  My wife, mother, and sister-in-law (and many of their friends) are addicted to that site.



  • @too_many_usernames said:

    @Spectre said:
    What is pinterest and why is it so important?
    Hang around some females. My wife, mother, and sister-in-law (and many of their friends) are addicted to that site.

    Can you ask them what sites they're using the bookmarklet on? I'm still shocked that it works on so few sites, and yet there's zero acknowledgement of this on pinterest's help or FAQ, and there's no list of "working sites" either.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Can you ask them what sites they're using the bookmarklet on?
     

    What kind of made-up word is "bookmarklet"?  I guess "link button" or something wasn't cool enough?  (Yes, I know you didn't make up the word, but...eh?)

     

    Well, my wife has a blog, blogspot (nee Google blogs), and I'm pretty sure she links to Pinterest all the time on there.

     

    Or do you mean whatever it is when she talks about "Pinning" something?  To be honest it's not that important to me - all I know is they love looking at the stuff people post there.

     



  • @too_many_usernames said:

    What kind of made-up word is "bookmarklet"? I guess "link button" or something wasn't cool enough? (Yes, I know you didn't make up the word, but...eh?)

    "Bookmarklet" has been around almost as long as web browsers have. I had bookmarklets in Netscape 3. It's not a new word. And "link button" is retarded.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    "Bookmarklet" has been around almost as long as web browsers have.
     

    Holy crap, I've managed to have used the web since gopher/Mosaic and never heard of this word until now.

    Of course, now that I've read about what they are,  I'm even a little more frightened by the web.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Does anybody... care? If you want one, PM me your email address. Or private message me with it on Steam or Twitter or whatever.

    Is that copy-cat of Trello



  • @too_many_usernames said:

    What kind of made-up word is "bookmarklet"?  I guess "link button" or something wasn't cool enough?  (Yes, I know you didn't make up the word, but...eh?)

    But a bookmarklet isn't a button.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    @too_many_usernames said:
    @Spectre said:
    What is pinterest and why is it so important?
    Hang around some females. My wife, mother, and sister-in-law (and many of their friends) are addicted to that site.

    Can you ask them what sites they're using the bookmarklet on? I'm still shocked that it works on so few sites, and yet there's zero acknowledgement of this on pinterest's help or FAQ, and there's no list of "working sites" either.

     

    My wife uses it a fair bit and I've not heard her complaining that she was unable to pin something she wanted to.

    I have pinned a total of 4 things from different places (one I think was the Guardian website) without any problems.

     

    I thought at the outset of this post that I may be adding something of use to the discussion.  This turns out not to have been the case.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.