Our Prime Minister - Dr. Manmohan Singh

• has made an announcement saying that China has passed India in field of science. I want to write letter to him and tell him China not having reservation system and all Indian making science outside India.

NewsLink: http://aajtak.intoday.in/story.php/content/view/688660/9/76/Manmohan-for-hike-in-spending-on-scientific-research‎.html

• @Nagesh said:

has made an announcement saying that China has passed India in field of science. I want to write letter to him and tell him China not having reservation system and all Indian making science outside India.

NewsLink: http://aajtak.intoday.in/story.php/content/view/688660/9/76/Manmohan-for-hike-in-spending-on-scientific-research‎.html

You totally should. It takes many people making some political pressure to take a reservation system down. Brazil used an scheme like that up until a few decades ago, in the hopes that we would be leading the world in many fields of technology just because we were being forced to develop everything we needed. As it turns out, instead of coming up with cutting edge stuff, we only kept reinventing the wheel (and making it square in the process), so when the market opened it was the Apocalypse for the local companies.

• So is Nagesh for real? Or some troll's going way out of his way to make the account look genuine? Or what's going on here?

• What's a "reservation system"?

• @ekolis said:

What's a "reservation system"?

1> Low caste people get 15% reservation

2> Girls get another 10% reservation.

3> Poor people get 10% reservation.

4> Minority group get 10% reservation (minority group include religion other than hindu)

5> Children of government official get 5% reservation.

6> Rest is open category

Disclamer: I don't know the exact percentages, but total seat available is less than 40% for open category people

• Oh, so essentially it's what we call "affirmative action", only a bit more aggressive with the quotas (as opposed to just using race/gender/etc. as a tiebreaker in most cases)...

• @ekolis said:

Oh, so essentially it's what we call "affirmative action", only a bit more aggressive with the quotas (as opposed to just using race/gender/etc. as a tiebreaker in most cases)...

I am going to say "yes". It is for uplifting this category of people so they can compete with general category. Meanwhile general category of people is getting robbed of available opportunities due to this quota system.

• @Nagesh said:

@ekolis said:

4> Minority group get 10% reservation (minority group include religion other than hindu)

6> Rest is open category

Disclamer: I don't know the exact percentages, but total seat available is less than 40% for open category people

Oh - we had a system by the same name, but it didn't involve segregating people in categories. Our reservation system consisted of not being allowed to use any technology from other countries when it came to electronics or software.

• @Renan said:

@Nagesh said:

@ekolis said:

6> Rest is open category

Oh - we had a system by the same name, but it didn't involve segregating people in categories. Our reservation system consisted of not being allowed to use any technology from other countries when it came to electronics or software.

That is very difficult. Language, math is also consider technology?

•  Basically Indian are always beeter thna Chines so why we are worry so keep work in your science.

• @amkeabhi123 said:

Basically Indian are always beeter thna Chines so why we are worry so keep work in your science.

And you are worse than either of them. :)

• @amkeabhi123 said:

Basically Indian are always beeter thna Chines so why we are worry so keep work in your science.

Fake Indian I can spot ten km away.

• @Nagesh said:

@amkeabhi123 said:

Fake Indian I can spot ten km away.

Spy sapping my sentry!

•  I laughed at "Sit Dolor" which probably makes me the biggest idiot geek this side of Eurotrashonia.