This thread for apple and iPhone hater people



  • Please explain why second hand iPhone much more expensive than second hand windows phone or second hand droid phone.



  • Because it was blessed by Jay-Z? Also it's white and everyone (who?) knows that white is always better.



  • @bugmenot1 said:

    Because it was blessed by Jay-Z? Also it's white and everyone (who?) knows that white is always better.

    Ok. I google jay-z.

    Why is blessing of rapstar so important? is he like pope or someone?



  • Demand really.  The iPhone is still more used than Android (I believe) although more and more Android phones are being released and sold and they're closing the gap.

    There are many different kinds of Android phones, and 5 iPhones. You should be more specific as to which one you found the prices on and their relative prices.  A used original iPhone would go for less than a used Thunderbolt or Galaxy S II.

    So which iPhone and which Android phone did you find, and what were the comparative prices?



  • @belgariontheking said:

    Demand really.  The iPhone is still more used than Android (I believe) although more and more Android phones are being released and sold and they're closing the gap.

    There are many different kinds of Android phones, and 5 iPhones. You should be more specific as to which one you found the prices on and their relative prices.  A used original iPhone would go for less than a used Thunderbolt or Galaxy S II.

    So which iPhone and which Android phone did you find, and what were the comparative prices?

    i look at website in america. it is called www.radioshack.com there is trade-in section on the website.
    if you look at trade-in price for 3GS iPhone you will see more then $ 50.00, but if you see for Droid you will see $ 14.00 or something.
    Then i start check for more droid. no second-hand droid is fetch more price than 3GS iPhone. 4G iPhone fetch even more.



  • I'm going to pedant your ass right here right now.

    There is no 4G iPhone.  the iPhone will likely not be 4G until the iPhone 5 comes out, which will be some time next year. 

    Likely you meant the iPhone 4 or 4S.  Since both of those phones came out this year, they're going to be worth more.

    The HTC Thunderbolt will go for $53.  Some other Android devices will go for more.

    Anyway, the ultimate answer to your question is that Radio Shack believes that iPhones are in higher demand than those specific Android phones.  I would wager they are correct in this beilief. 

    AT&T is selling 3GSes for $50 right now with contract.  I don't know their price without contract, but obviously Radio Shack isn't targeting people who have enough credit to get a subsidized phone on contract.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    I'm going to pedant your ass right here right now.

    There is no 4G iPhone.  the iPhone will likely not be 4G until the iPhone 5 comes out, which will be some time next year. 

    Likely you meant the iPhone 4 or 4S.  Since both of those phones came out this year, they're going to be worth more.

    The HTC Thunderbolt will go for $53.  Some other Android devices will go for more.

    Anyway, the ultimate answer to your question is that Radio Shack believes that iPhones are in higher demand than those specific Android phones.  I would wager they are correct in this beilief. 

    AT&T is selling 3GSes for $50 right now with contract.  I don't know their price without contract, but obviously Radio Shack isn't targeting people who have enough credit to get a subsidized phone on contract.

    what is pedant my ass? is this some weird practice in your country? i am not famliar with term.

    i did mean iPhone 4. I should not have put "G" on there.



  • @Nagesh said:

    what is pedant my ass? is this some weird practice in your country? i am not famliar with term
     

     Ooh, let the fun begin!



  • @Nagesh said:

    what is pedant my ass?
     

    "Going to behave pedantic in relation to the things you said"

    @Nagesh said:

    is this some weird practice in your country?

    Yes.

    @Nagesh said:

    i am not famliar with term.

    not sure if liar ...



  • @dhromed said:

    "Going to behave pedantic[b]ally[/b] in relation to the things you said"

    PTFY.



  • I find following meaning for pedant:

     
    obfuscator is close related to software.



  • @Nagesh said:

    Synonyms: <font color="#0044cc">doctrinaire</font>,
    obfuscator, <font color="#0044cc">scholar</font>,
    nitpicker, <font color="#0044cc">theoretician</font>,
    <font color="#0044cc">sophist</font>,
    hairsplitter
    nitpicker is what I was going for.  I turned pedant (n) into a verb. 

    It's a custom of this forum.  



  • @belgariontheking said:

    It's a custom of this forum.  
     

    Verbing nouns is too commonplace.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    @Nagesh said:

    Synonyms: <font color="#0044cc">doctrinaire</font>,
    obfuscator, <font color="#0044cc">scholar</font>,
    nitpicker, <font color="#0044cc">theoretician</font>,
    <font color="#0044cc">sophist</font>,
    hairsplitter
    nitpicker is what I was going for.  I turned pedant (n) into a verb. 

    It's a custom of this forum.  

    Verbing nouns will confuse non-native speaker of English languege.



  • @Nagesh said:

    Verbing nouns will confuse non-native speaker of English languege.
     

    We do not concern ourselves with such trifles.



  • @dhromed said:

    @Nagesh said:

    Verbing nouns will confuse non-native speaker of English languege.
     

    We do not concern ourselves with such trifles.

    tri·fles plural
    1.
    something trivial: something that has little or no importance, significance, or value
    "dismissed the complaint as a mere trifle"
    2.
    small quantity: a small amount of something
    "What he'd earned seemed a trifle beside his mountain of debts."
    3.
    cold dessert: a cold dessert typically consisting of sponge cake soaked in sherry or fruit juice, spread with jam, jelly, or fruit, and topped with custard, whipped cream, or both
    4.
    metallurgy medium-hard pewter: pewter of medium hardness
     
     
    I love Jelly also.

  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @Nagesh said:

    [on the subject of trifle]

    4.
    metallurgy medium-hard pewter: pewter of medium hardness
    Hmm. At least you can't say TDWTF isn't educational.


  • @PJH said:

    @Nagesh said:
    [on the subject of trifle]

    4.
    metallurgy medium-hard pewter: pewter of medium hardness

    Hmm. At least you can't say TDWTF isn't educational.

    My orignal dreem of learning english is coming true.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @Nagesh said:

    @PJH said:
    @Nagesh said:
    [on the subject of trifle]

    4.
    metallurgy medium-hard pewter: pewter of medium hardness

    Hmm. At least you can't say TDWTF isn't educational.

    My orignal dreem of learning english is coming true.

    If you're basing that conclusion off the back of my post, it most certainly isn't. You failed to spell two words correctly, and failed at capitalising another.

    Perhaps you (obviously since it's that username, it's the plural 'you') should dream of being competent at driving a keyboard first?


  • @PJH said:

    @Nagesh said:
    @PJH said:
    @Nagesh said:
    [on the subject of trifle]

    4.
    metallurgy medium-hard pewter: pewter of medium hardness

    Hmm. At least you can't say TDWTF isn't educational.

    My orignal dreem of learning english is coming true.

    If you're basing that conclusion off the back of my post, it most certainly isn't. You failed to spell two words correctly, and failed at capitalising another.

    Perhaps you (obviously since it's that username, it's the plural 'you') should dream of being competent at driving a keyboard first?

    You think keyboard is some remote control car which I can drive?


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @Nagesh said:

    You think keyboard is some remote control car which I can drive?

    No. From previous comments (and from observation) I think you're some sort of reverse sock-puppet.



  • @Nagesh said:

    @bugmenot1 said:

    Because it was blessed by Jay-Z? Also it's white and everyone (who?) knows that white is always better.

    Ok. I google jay-z.

    Why is blessing of rapstar so important? is he like pope or someone?


    Hi Nagesh, I came from the third-underworld to necro this thread a bit. At that time one of the webcomics that was mentioned in other thread had an arch (that somehow still goes on) about an amnesic demon that worshiped "Jay-Z" because she mis-heard a fundie shouting (Jay-Z sounds kinda Jesus, with a bit of imagination).


    Have you seen this article at /.? [url=http://apple.slashdot.org/story/12/01/22/0445233/how-the-us-lost-out-on-iphone-work]http://apple.slashdot.org/story/12/01/22/0445233/how-the-us-lost-out-on-iphone-work[/url]


    Do you think all that the article says is true?


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.