Tablet and Wooden Table in one



  •  OK, it's not actually wood.  But NEC plans to start selling a 52 inch "multi-touch tablet incorporated into a table."



  • Which differs from Microsoft Surface... how? (The article doesn't say.)



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Which differs from Microsoft Surface... how?
     

    *nix zealots won't try as hard to make jokes about it, I guess. That's all I can come up with.



  • They'll probably celebrate it, conveniently ignoring the fact that it's a shameless ripoff of a Microsoft product.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    They'll probably celebrate it, conveniently ignoring the fact that it's a shameless ripoff of a Microsoft product.

    I sincerly doubt Microsoft has created any original product, till date! Their modus operendi has always been to take existing product and then featurise <font size="4">©® </font> it. (add more features)



  • @Nagesh said:

    @blakeyrat said:

    They'll probably celebrate it, conveniently ignoring the fact that it's a shameless ripoff of a Microsoft product.

    I sincerly doubt Microsoft has created any original product, till date! Their modus operendi has always been to take existing product and then featurise <FONT size=4>©® </FONT> it. (add more features)

    Wow, Nagesh, your spelling and grammar have improved markedly since... your last post!


  • @Sutherlands said:

    @Nagesh said:

    @blakeyrat said:

    They'll probably celebrate it, conveniently ignoring the fact that it's a shameless ripoff of a Microsoft product.

    I sincerly doubt Microsoft has created any original product, till date! Their modus operendi has always been to take existing product and then featurise <font size="4">©® </font> it. (add more features)

    Wow, Nagesh, your spelling and grammar have improved markedly since... your last post!

    Help if you using firefox!



  • @Nagesh said:

    I sincerly doubt Microsoft has created any original product, till date!

    Technically, almost any product could be said to be unoriginal in some context. Most good ideas are taken, and those ideas  that are good don't necessarily have to be original. And whether a product is original and whether it is useful don't go hand in hand.

    For example, was Microsoft Excel original? No, there were plenty of other spreadsheets. But if you compare the spreadsheets of the 80's, Excel comes out light-years ahead of the others. It was the only one that had the ability to show graphs at the same time as the spreadsheet, for example.

     

    Their modus operendi has always been to take existing product and then featurise <font size="4">©® </font> it. (add more features)
     

    At which point, *nix devs will look for some crappy equivalent in some repo from 2002, necro it so that it sorta works in some modern distro, and claim that they did it first.  In this case, of course, that means that some 400 pound GNU devotee will have to pick the cheetos from his beard and proclaim that the two flashlights under his glass coffee table was an early prototype of Microsoft's Holodesk design and that he should get royalties.

     


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.