Secure CC form

• Just in case someone is looking over your shoulder while trying to pay your water bill. One of many wtfs with their billing system. Oh and the number 2 next to the input field changes as you type the numbers in.

[IMG]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1554/billpay2.png[/IMG]

• @error_NoError said:

Just in case someone is looking over your shoulder while trying to pay your water bill.

Don't lots of people use internet café terminals to pay their bills?

• @DaveK said:

@error_NoError said:

Just in case someone is looking over your shoulder while trying to pay your water bill.

Don't lots of people use internet café terminals to pay their bills?

I don't think this is a WTF.

What if you needed to call a friend to pay your water bill for you?  This way you can read your CC number to them over the phone and they won't be able to see what it is.

•  @error_NoError said:

Oh and the number 2 next to the input field changes as you type the numbers in.
    Obvious question: does it change to what would be the appropriate mod-check digit for the card number?

• My problem is if you fat-finger one of the digits, you have no idea which one is wrong so you have to type them both all over again. I'm sure this is the result of someone's paranoia with using it in a public place, but if you're that paranoid could always just call over the phone in a private place.

• @da Doctah said:

@error_NoError said:

Oh and the number 2 next to the input field changes as you type the numbers in.
    Obvious question: does it change to what would be the appropriate mod-check digit for the card number?

Hmm, I assumed the visible digit showed the last digit you typed, sort of like on those smartphone password fields (though there they just showed you the character inline, rather than in its own box)...