Put down the chocolate covered banana

• I'm sure you've all had cases of people coming up to you asking "how do I accomplish task X using tool Y?" where not only are X and Y completely unrelated, but it would be a physical impossibility to use Y to do X, and there is no possible way a normal human being could have possibly arrived at Y by thinking about X.

With that in mind, I bring you What is the ICQ Number for Firefox?

Keep reading beyond the first post. It gets weirder and weirder.

-BnF

• Meh. He confused ICQ address with IP address, but that's hardly a WTF.

Now, the extent of his failure to communicate with those trying to help him may be, but hardly surprises me.

• I would just like to say I saw this when I posted, and I didn't think it was too bad. I didn't consider it WTF-worthy. It's just someone thinking they know more than they actually know about something. Plus the Straight Dope messageboards are really sharp, and they handled it perfectly.

• I think I know exactly what was on his screen and what he's trying to do. It's a particularly good malware that hijacks web sites and presents a very convincing "OMG your computer is infected with a virus!" The OP is trying to download a fresh copy of Firefox because it's his home page that's infected and he thinks it is Firefox which is the problem.

I've had a couple of my own sites attacked by it and I still don't know how it gets in to modify the HTML code on the web server. The payload always includes a URL redirection like globalpoweringgathering which is the actual site serving the fake virus scanner.

I think the OP's confusion is entirely understandable given the sophistication and quality of the fake virus scanner.

•  Cool term. My son had a literal chocolate covered banana last week, which of course meant we had a chocolate-covered toddler!

• @El_Heffe said:

http://www.icq.com/people/371019422/

@FireFox' profile said:

female

Nice.

@FireFox' profile said:

Cool!

@FireFox' profile said:

married

Fuck.

• Ironicly berlisconi thinks that the european currency system needs a chocolate-covered banana right now.

• @Helix said:

Ironicly berlisconi thinks that the european currency system needs a chocolate-covered banana right now.

I think he's been giving them the chocolate covered banana for some time now.

• @Zemm said:

Cool term. My son had a literal chocolate covered banana last week, which of course meant we had a chocolate-covered toddler!

Soon followed by a toddler-covered banana, I hope.

• @Watson said:

@Zemm said:
    Cool term. My son had a literal chocolate covered banana last week, which of course meant we had a chocolate-covered toddler!

There's two ways to interpret that: the violent, and the sexual. Both are depraved beyond belief.

• @blakeyrat said:

@Watson said:
    @Zemm said:

There's two ways to interpret that: the violent, and the sexual. Both are depraved beyond belief.

WTF? You missed the most obvious interpretation, which is that the toddler ate the banana. Which brings up the question: Why is blakeyrat depraved beyond belief?

• @boomzilla said:

WTF? You missed the most obvious interpretation, which is that the toddler ate the banana. Which brings up the question: Why is blakeyrat depraved beyond belief?

Oh. Uh. No comment.

I guess I just assumed nobody would ever write a post here that wasn't at least a little sexual and/or depraved.

• @blakeyrat said:

I guess I just assumed nobody would ever write a post here that wasn't at least a little sexual and/or depraved.

Even if it's about toddlers? ... The fuck you think we are?

• @boomzilla said:

@blakeyrat said:
    @Watson said:
    @Zemm said:

Why else would he use Bitcoin?

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@blakeyrat said:

@Watson said:
    @Zemm said:
    "Depraved and beyond belief" do not even start to describe the fact that you (allegedly) only came up with /only/ two ways that you came up with interpreting it, let alone the /first/ two.

I'm going to go with you deliberatly misinterpreting stuff. Again. While trying, and failing, to be faintly amusing.

And/or trolling. But I repeat myself...

• @derula said:

@blakeyrat said:

What do you think makes toddlers?

• @Zemm said:

@derula said:

@blakeyrat said:

God? and babies are delivered by storks

• @serguey123 said:

@Zemm said:
    @derula said:
    @blakeyrat said:
    God? and babies are delivered by storks

^ this.

• @blakeyrat said:

@boomzilla said:

Oh. Uh. No comment.

I think you meant to point out that from the banana's perspective, being eaten is incredibly violent, right? A common typo, the keys are like right next to each other.

• I don't get what "toddler-covered banana" is supposed to mean at all, if anything.

I didn't care enough to spend more time with the concept.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.